Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Screwfix no nonsense degreaser personal review

Incheck

Ok so i’ve decided to have a crack using this stuff, as it was recommended on here by many. Turned our old grey window sills & door on the flat in to nice reasonable whites again. Great to see em shine. Apart from the mysterious orange one which i still haven’t got round to resolving as had a fairly busy week. Had a FSG clean today, it had never been done before & was extremely grimey. Plastics Came up 70% better when used neat. The plastics are permanently stained sadly as the previous owner never cleaned them & i think the sun may have affected it over the years as that can be a factor. Client was well happy though. All in all, this stuff does the job, but not really worth diluting it unless working on lightly soiled areas. Best used neat. 4/5

Ubik arrives tomorrow, never used it before. Going to see what the raves all about [emoji51]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ok so i’ve decided to have a crack using this stuff, as it was recommended on here by many. Turned our old grey window sills & door on the flat in to nice reasonable whites again. Great to see em shine. Apart from the mysterious orange one which i still haven’t got round to resolving as had a fairly busy week. Had a FSG clean today, it had never been done before & was extremely grimey. Plastics Came up 70% better when used neat. The plastics are permanently stained sadly as the previous owner never cleaned them & i think the sun may have affected it over the years as that can be a factor. Client was well happy though. All in all, this stuff does the job, but not really worth diluting it unless working on lightly soiled areas. Best used neat. 4/5

Ubik arrives tomorrow, never used it before. Going to see what the raves all about
emoji51.png

Works just as well at 10:1, lasts a lot longer too

Works just as well at 10:1, lasts a lot longer too
You reckon? I dunno mate...
Taking in to account my plastics were absolutely bogging. Todays house was probably 2nd or 3rd worst ive ever cleaned in four years. And our sills hadn’t been done for a decade i bet. Any other house i reckon no problem. It doesnt do anything a magic sponge wont do. But of course when cleaning large surface areas you’re hardly gonna do it with a magic sponge lol.

Been experimenting with and using all sorts of different chems for ages now finding the best for each job

Screwfix no nonsense degreaser is by far not the best but effective and safe to use unlike other chems i use and only needs a good glug in the water.. any more is just overkill

Mix it with a little squirt of fairy etc in the water to make it stick where you put it and not dry out as quick

Spray/wipe it on and leave for a minute

Makes a big difference

Last edited by a moderator:
Been experimenting with and using all sorts of different chems for ages now finding the best for each job

Screwfix no nonsense degreaser is by far not the best but effective and safe to use unlike other chems i use and only needs a good glug in the water.. any more is just overkill
Mix it with a little squirt of fairy etc in the water to make it stick where you put it and not dry out as quick
Spray/wipe it on and leave for a minute
Makes a big difference

Yeah it seems reasonably non fatal. I had goggles & gloves on just to be sure. I was wondering whether to add dish soap but i thought nah better not, could react or something. Personally i use w5 platinum. Find it gives way more slip than fairy

I'm wfp mostly nowadays but never liked fairy for trad.. leaves a horrible film on the glass

For my trad work i use asda premium

Basically a lemon version of fairy platinum without the sticky residue

I wouldn't bother with ppe for using ubik etc.. basically any degreaser or tfr

They can make your hands crack due to saponification which is where the chemical draws out the fatty acids (grease basically) from your skin and makes it into soap

If my hands start to feel soapy that is when i start wearing gloves

Last edited by a moderator:
10-1 on no nonsense degreaser is more than enough in my experience. Wet the surface first then put on your no nonsense I add dish soap too like Davey. Agitate them leave for 5 mins before cleaning jobs a good un

Back