Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm looking for a new window cleaner !

Jago

Have you heard those wonderful words before?....

My old window cleaner has left streaks on the back Windows.. Please

come and quote - yes my old window cleaner does the whole road....

Dont you just love putting in a price for what you guess is at least double...

Why? 

This is why I tell them my minimum charge is £10 for a standard 3 bed semi. Most of the time I hear the click of them putting the phone down before I've finished. 
Push it up to £15! That’s my minimum charge and people are happy to pay it. And I’m in Scotland, lol!

Edit: I’ll clarify, that’s my minimum for a area I don’t have work in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Push it up to £15! That’s my minimum charge and people are happy to pay it. And I’m in Scotland, lol!

Edit: I’ll clarify, that’s my minimum for a area I don’t have work in.
I wouldn’t let it slip that you working for anythin less, I made that mistake and got read my rights. Apparently me and many others have been running as non profit organisations for years now. Haha.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wouldn’t let it slip that you working for anythin less, I made that mistake and got read my rights. Apparently me and many others have been running as non profit organisations for years now. Haha.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Hahaha! I make the customers very well aware that it’s high because it’s just them and if I get more in the area I may drop the price. 

So he does the whole street and they’re ready to ditch him over that..really. I’d love to meet the “streakless” window cleaner lol. Anyone whos never had a few streaks in their whole window cleaning career is telling porky pies. Probably cleaned em for years flawlessly as well. Some people lol

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I popped in a quote of £35 

It's a bungalow with one dormer upstairs you could do from the ground...

As I was passing I had a look and the husband told me that the 'old' window cleaner showed them that his pure was on  zero! And yet they not happy??

sounds like a nest of.....

hence the double plus price...

No bridges burnt by the way as they may come back...

:1f609:

What do you know?

A very well spoken gent left a

message asking me to please go forward and clean their windows, payment on arrival..

I may just flash around it trad as I remember him saying that was the best form of cleaning in the past ( in his opinion! ) 

probably will be quicker anyway... 

Good time of the year to pick up new jobs don't you think? 

What do you know?

message asking me to please go forward and clean their windows, payment on arrival..

I may just flash around it trad as I remember him saying that was the best form of cleaning in the past ( in his opinion! ) 

For the price that’s brilliant, even if they only get it done the once. If there’s no risk to you just trad, just as long as your other customers don’t see! 

What do you know?

I personally wouldn't choose how to clean cos a customer mentions he thinks trad is best! I'm wfp and that's how I clean, I only switch if it's better for the jobs not cos what a customer who has no clues opinion is! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally wouldn't choose how to clean cos a customer mentions he thinks trad is best! I'm wfp and that's how I clean, I only switch if it's better for the jobs not cos what a customer who has no clues opinion is! 

I think I agree with you Chris Clean - it's nice to be in a position to whereby we don't have to dictated to by the customer. 

I don't have a rack on my roof so don't carry ladder as most of the time I'm WFP.

That said I miss a bit of trad sometimes.

The customer said that he liked Trad best in the past - past when there probably wasn't WFP anyway.

Every job and type of window is slightly different and we choose how to perfect them.

If the customer is willing to pay a premium I might even get my duster out and dust the cobwebs off his porch!!  :1f602:

I think I agree with you Chris Clean - it's nice to be in a position to whereby we don't have to dictated to by the customer. 

I don't have a rack on my roof so don't carry ladder as most of the time I'm WFP.

That said I miss a bit of trad sometimes.

The customer said that he liked Trad best in the past - past when there probably wasn't WFP anyway.

Every job and type of window is slightly different and we choose how to perfect them.

If the customer is willing to pay a premium I might even get my duster out and dust the cobwebs off his porch!!  :1f602:

I agree @Jago nothing wrong with switching methods I sometimes fancy tradding or because of access it' just easier occasionally. But it when I choose not what the customer fancies!

Latest Posts

Back