Jump to content







Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic


CM Cleaning Services

Izettle users

Recommended Posts

CM Cleaning Services

Evening all

 

Any fellow windies use izettle card readers and want to share a recommend link please :)

 

Looking to add card payments to the payment options and izettle looks good.

 

Thanks

 

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
con95a

Evening all
 
Any fellow windies use izettle card readers and want to share a recommend link please :)
 
Looking to add card payments to the payment options and izettle looks good.
 
Thanks
 
Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
 
 

Hiya mate, I've used it for a while now and it's been great to have. When I got it think I paid about £30 for the reader and I've taken hundreds in payment since so it's been useful. Also I've not yet had a customer who isn't willing to foot the charge, I explain that due to paying card instead of cash or bacs, it will cost however many percent more, so £10 clean, is £10.30 which covers the cut iZettle take. Here's an invite link...

I've been using iZettle and think you'd like it too! It's great for taking card payments and if you create an account using my link below, you'll get free transactions when you take your first payment.

Click here to sign up: https://www.izettle.com/a/GFYSEX

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Clisty1989
1 hour ago, con95a said:

Hiya mate, I've used it for a while now and it's been great to have. When I got it think I paid about £30 for the reader and I've taken hundreds in payment since so it's been useful. Also I've not yet had a customer who isn't willing to foot the charge, I explain that due to paying card instead of cash or bacs, it will cost however many percent more, so £10 clean, is £10.30 which covers the cut iZettle take. Here's an invite link...

I've been using iZettle and think you'd like it too! It's great for taking card payments and if you create an account using my link below, you'll get free transactions when you take your first payment.

Click here to sign up: https://www.izettle.com/a/GFYSEX

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
 

You do realise that charging a card fee is now illegal according to EU law, came into affect about 3 weeks ago, was gonna get a card reader, but that's put me off, unless fees reduce.

Share this post


Link to post
con95a
You do realise that charging a card fee is now illegal according to EU law, came into affect about 3 weeks ago, was gonna get a card reader, but that's put me off, unless fees reduce.
I did hear something about it, and did wonder how far reaching that new law would be. However I explain to customer that there's a charge I have to cover if they pay by card, and ask that they're happy to pay extra for the clean, everyone so far has no problem with that. So I'm not charging them to use the card, simply explaining the situation and most are willing to cover that cost in the clean price as it's convenient for them. If they were unwilling to pay the extra then next time I'd only accept cash or bacs, as I have a choice what payment methods I accept. Would that fall foul of the law if a customer willingly paid me extra?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Clisty1989
2 minutes ago, con95a said:

I did hear something about it, and did wonder how far reaching that new law would be. However I explain to customer that there's a charge I have to cover if they pay by card, and ask that they're happy to pay extra for the clean, everyone so far has no problem with that. So I'm not charging them to use the card, simply explaining the situation and most are willing to cover that cost in the clean price as it's convenient for them. If they were unwilling to pay the extra then next time I'd only accept cash or bacs, as I have a choice what payment methods I accept. Would that fall foul of the law if a customer willingly paid me extra?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
 

Yes, unless it was in writing. Nothing stops them reporting you for doing it. You get knock on door/letter, you say "they agreed to it and paid it willingly", all they have to say is that  they didn't. Then it's their word against yours and I'd put money on you losing, solely due to the fact you have no proof to support your claims. Unless you charged all customers the same no matter how they paid, your charging them to use a card. If I were you I'd just absorb the cost, then a price increase across the board as soon as you can to cover it. I will add I'm not a legal expert, but after doing my homework that's the conclusion I reached, as well as a couple of mates who agree.

 

Share this post


Link to post
con95a
Yes, unless it was in writing. Nothing stops them reporting you for doing it. You get knock on door/letter, you say "they agreed to it and paid it willingly", all they have to say is that  they didn't. Then it's their word against yours and I'd put money on you losing, solely due to the fact you have no proof to support your claims. Unless you charged all customers the same no matter how they paid, your charging them to use a card. If I were you I'd just absorb the cost, then a price increase across the board as soon as you can to cover it. I will add I'm not a legal expert, but after doing my homework that's the conclusion I reached, as well as a couple of mates who agree.
 
Well I like to stay above board so I guess I'll absorb it to stay on the safe side, admittedly even if every one of my customers paid by card it wouldn't be a massive amount to absorb (only clean part time) but that's never going to happen. I think a price rise for some is long overdue anyways [emoji23] thanks for the heads up [emoji106]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Clisty1989
5 minutes ago, con95a said:

Well I like to stay above board so I guess I'll absorb it to stay on the safe side, admittedly even if every one of my customers paid by card it wouldn't be a massive amount to absorb (only clean part time) but that's never going to happen. I think a price rise for some is long overdue anyways emoji23.png thanks for the heads up emoji106.png

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
 

No dramas, I know it's worse case someone does try and screw you, and don't want anyone falling foul of it

Share this post


Link to post
Scots lad

I use izettle and accountant told me to put the charge costs through in my books as a bank expense also the cost of the reader


Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Neilmnwc

I use both IZettle and Paypal Here readers for different businesses as you can only have one account with an iZettle Reader (unlike Paypal where you can sign in/out with different accounts).

I find the iZettle reader better than the Paypal one in terms of pairing speed and battery, but use the Paypal reader more for my convenience as an alternative to taking a cheque or having people pat their pockets offering to settle next clean. At least I know it’s gone straight to the bank. iZettle takes a few days.
All expenses offset against tax liability.

They’re handy and people like them I pick and choose when to offer it as I’d like most to go through GoCardless.





Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Action Window Cleaning

I use SumUp the charges aren’t to bad and the reader works even with a bad phone signal.

Here is a link for one and you even get £30. http://fbuy.me/hNEEr

They only charge 1.69% and can pay you the next day, once a week or once a month.




Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Green Pro Clean Ltd

The cost of the machine and the fees are, as mentioned above, a deductible. 

 

Even at the higher end like the PayPal machine for charges you still save money compared to time and fuel running around to collect. 

 

Even if they're out when you call to do the windows you still may need to go back to collect and still might put it on card so you're getting 'double dipped' on expenses. 

 

We have only one client that pays by card now but they spend £760 on 3 properties each month so I don't mind the card. 

 

The rest of our business is 100% GoCardless. Weather you have 50 clients or 5000 clients it is the way forward.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
sjl

Started using iZettle recently. It’s great. Affordable and reliable. Personally I just absorb the few pence it costs per transaction as I used to spend way more than that going out collecting and chasing payments. Easy for customer and I get paid straight away. I’m happy to suck up the 43p on a £25 house if I’m paid there and then.


Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Share this post


Link to post
KWClean

I have opted for SumUp

http://fbuy.me/h-KNJ

 

Reason being as they also have a virtual terminal that means you can take a payment over the phone or SMS. You have to email support to activate this feature  But it is Ideal for those few that don't go online.  The charge is less at 1.69% for cards, and a higher 2.75% for phone or SMS payments.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.