Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Howard

dirty brush head needs cleaning

Howard

Hi guys, can you help a newbie!  Just done 8 first cleans and my brush head is now filthy and full of "bits"

Whats the best way to clean this up?

Cheers 

Clisty1989
42 minutes ago, Howard said:

Hi guys, can you help a newbie!  Just done 8 first cleans and my brush head is now filthy and full of "bits"

Whats the best way to clean this up?

Cheers 

Run under tap, run fingers through it to flick dirt off and soak in bucket of pure overnight

Marko067

I find them easier to clean when dry. Just pick the bits out of the stock and run fingers through the bristles.

When wet, I do pretty much the same as Clisty but I don’t soak them. If they are really bad after picking the clumped bits out I just put some pure in a plastic washing up bowl and give the brush a good rinsing and watch the bits drop out. Again I don’t try and get everything out. After all, when cleaning windows it’s the rinsing after the agitation that’s key to a good finish

Flocked brushes collect more muck and therefore require a little more attention

Clisty1989
1 hour ago, Marko067 said:

I find them easier to clean when dry. Just pick the bits out of the stock and run fingers through the bristles.

When wet, I do pretty much the same as Clisty but I don’t soak them. If they are really bad after picking the clumped bits out I just put some pure in a plastic washing up bowl and give the brush a good rinsing and watch the bits drop out. Again I don’t try and get everything out. After all, when cleaning windows it’s the rinsing after the agitation that’s key to a good finish

Flocked brushes collect more muck and therefore require a little more attention

I'll only soak if really filthy, otherwise just tend to run hand through it every couple of jobs

Howard

Gents thanks for the replies, I'll keep trying !!👍

steve garwood
24 minutes ago, paul alan said:

Dog grooming comb

On a similar vain, I asked my 

mates sister (West Indian and well fit) if she had a spare Afro comb. 

When I told her what it was for, she found it funny, but it works 👍

adamangler

Don't think I've ever cleaned a brush, just use it on the next window and it cleans itself.

Pjj

Is this a flocked brush ? They are difficult to get the dirt out of let it dry then rub your hand over it and the bits will usualy fly out 

Julian Noddy Dean
53 minutes ago, adamangler said:

Don't think I've ever cleaned a brush, just use it on the next window and it cleans itself.

as above , if they get dirty duering the day then a bit o viasol on the brush the rub the **** out out 0f it on the side doors outa door handle job done ......... but i am out for quickness and keeping my hands dry 

adamangler

Having said that I've never used a flocked brush so don't know what they are like. 

Den

I have days when only use flock brush, yes they hold more debris but a flick with you hand every few windows and all is ok again. 

Marko067

I find my brush picks up a ton of dirt following high winds as it deposits a load of muck on the windows and frames. The muck also gets caught up in cobwebs which then end up in my brush. That’s when I mainly have to clean my brush. During most everyday use on maintenance work they don’t require a lot of cleaning if any