Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose pipe scratching van

chris70

Anyone no of any devices that stop hose rubbing on van doors and sides when i pull the hose from reel on van and go round side of van it marks my paintwork i already have a plastic hose guide just in side doors but don't seem to help i can't put outside connectors on van because im leasing it and cannot drill through metal 

Roller on a hinged bracket that drops down with the doors open - or a slide out roller thats level/on the van floor. Mines not below the doors but because it sticks out the back about a foot it doesn’t drag as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Roller on a hinged bracket that drops down with the doors open - or a slide out roller thats level/on the van floor. Mines not below the doors but because it sticks out the back about a foot it doesn’t drag as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
bit like this.....

I bought two of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roller-Fairlead-with-109mm-Hole-Centres/121492264426?epid=727038787&hash=item1c4980d5ea:g:4dEAAOSwT5tWM1Bj

And took them to my local welder/fabricator and had them made up for me, £120 with bolting them in too. So around £145 all in and they make life so much easier!

They catch the tyre's less than if you had your hose's through the van floor as they are further away.
That's great will go tor this cheers for ya help mate nice one

I had an old extending arm from a different wfp setup I got from a friend.

IMG_20171228_113321.jpg

Installed it just try it out, and it has made my life so much easier. It extends out and are locked in with the m8 bolt with a handle and threaded insert. I really should 3d print something nicer, but this was faster to build.

Granted it only works properly when pulling straight back or to the right, as it's not long enough to clear the left door.

IMG_20171228_113308.jpg

Looking at the photo Nudel, it looks like your hose is going baggy on your reel? That can cause problems when reeling back in, it did on my reel so took my roller off as it was doing my head.

IMG_0106.JPG

I had an old extending arm from a different wfp setup I got from a friend.

View attachment 12692

Installed it just try it out, and it has made my life so much easier. It extends out and are locked in with the m8 bolt with a handle and threaded insert. I really should 3d print something nicer, but this was faster to build.

Granted it only works properly when pulling straight back or to the right, as it's not long enough to clear the left door.

View attachment 12691
what about instead of a metal ring on end, what about fitting Paul Alan's £12 roller set?

what about instead of a metal ring on end, what about fitting Paul Alan's £12 roller set?
Absolutely an option, the ring does introduce surprisingly little drag though. The main issue with it can be where the pole hose is joined to the reel hose, as the small lump can catch on the ring.

I've heard some people use a beefy carabiner instead of a ring, as it allows for pulling in all directions.

Back