Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Carts69

Pump question “charge” flashing

Carts69

I’ve just kitted out my van for wfp, I’ve purchased the shurflo pump and digital control, this has the split charge relay already installed, now I know it’s all wired up correctly, my problem is.. even with the van engine off, the word “charge” is flashing on the controller.

it was my understanding that when the van is switched off, the charging of the lesuire battery stops, so why would this still appear to continue charging, obviously I don’t want a flat battery in the van?

Edited by Carts69
Spelling

cormie76
I’ve just kitted out my van for wfp, I’ve purchased the shurflo pump and digital control, this has the split charge relay already installed, now I know it’s all wired up correctly, my problem is.. even with the van engine off, the word “charge” is flashing on the controller.
it was my understanding that when the van is switched off, the charging of the lesuire battery stops, so why would this still appear to continue charging, obviously I don’t want a flat battery in the van?

Did you fit the fuse correctly as far as I know there a separate fuse to inline charger

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

spruce
34 minutes ago, Carts69 said:

The connection between the van battery and the lesiure battery might not be immediately severed once you switch the engine off. A small residual charge could still keep the relay on. It might even stay 'charging' for 5 or 10 minutes depending on the state of charge difference between the 2 batteries. I also noticed the same system virtually switch off within a few moments if the leisure battery is near to fully charged.

If you operate the remote central locking you could get the charging signal to switch off as the central locking draws a bit of current when operated.

Edited by spruce

wee man

It only stays on for a few minutes.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Carts69
23 minutes ago, spruce said:

The connection between the van battery and the lesiure battery might not be immediately severed once you switch the engine off. A small residual charge could still keep the relay on. It might even stay 'charging' for 5 or 10 minutes depending on the state of charge difference between the 2 batteries. I also noticed the same system virtually switch off within a few moments if the leisure battery is near to fully charged.

If you operate the remote central locking you could get the charging signal to switch off as the central locking draws a bit of current when operated.

Thanks guys, Yea I kind of get what you mean Spruce, that never crossed my mind, no doubt if I looked now it’s likely to be not charging, thanks for explaining 👍

cormie76

Hopefully that’s all it be or else get the jump leads at the ready

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Carts69
38 minutes ago, cormie76 said:

Hopefully that’s all it be or else get the jump leads at the ready

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Dont go there!  🚲