Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hears one we did this morning

Pjj

Premium Member
Just thought ide share these pictures to show what an opened 3 month out of date drum of hypo will do at minus 2 degrees , most feel that it’s ineffective below 10 degrees , the job took 3 hours from pulling up to driving away and we cleaned the gfs windows and all the walls , it did take longer than I hoped for but still think the finished reslook quite good 

52B4FA08-268F-4561-9656-15FE92F2A4C3.jpeg

F5D92728-F4D5-4969-B168-1A002C63FE67.jpeg

D960020E-4B65-4858-BF45-9D170F213851.jpeg

EE1EB1A4-BCEB-4735-A221-C4C04F1ED5C3.jpeg

A98D0763-2027-4DE6-816C-B1A64EF1AD28.jpeg

76AF559B-8652-4078-A41C-59B92FB7448A.jpeg

847787E2-8A72-43C2-A874-432987FD2D24.jpeg

21A8B8D5-2BEA-40C6-BA25-DA208B7744E8.jpeg

I bet the clients are over the moon but the neighbours are gutted as the houses either side look appalling now, Quality job @Pjj

Thanks , one of them has already phoned asking for a price to do his the other one is rented out and the tenants have emailed the landlord photos asking him to get me to do that one so hopefully will get both ?????

Good job end result is perfect
I'm OCD when it comes to this work couldn't you have masked and sheeted off the adjoining propertys or brushed the edging then sprayed inwards?
Id be petrified off neighbours complaining or hypo on there property

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Did you use hot water to wash it off and If you did do you think it helped? I've got a large block of flats, circa 40' high asking me if I can clean the render.

I used hot  water in the hypo mix and hot water as we gave it a light scrub , then rinsed with garden hose , hot water did help a bit I would usualy encourage the customer to wait a few weeks untill the weather is better but they needed it doing now as they are selling and wanted it doing straight away , it was slower to work due to the temperature, the drum was opened some time ago and was 3 months out of date but it goes to show that good results can be achieved in sub zero conditions contrary to what some say 

Good job end result is perfect
I'm OCD when it comes to this work couldn't you have masked and sheeted off the adjoining propertys or brushed the edging then sprayed inwards?
Id be petrified off neighbours complaining or hypo on there property

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The pictures dont really show it well but there is a plastic joint strip on either side of the property that acted as a stop I did brush the edges and spray the rest then brushed the whole wall with mix the end result was a straight line down the property boundary but it’s difficult to see that in the picture as the neighbors walls do have water on them from pre wetting the surface , the nozzle I use to spray with is a very course spray and if there is no brease it doesn’t drift providing you are careful, hopefully going to be doing the other two properties as they were well impressed with the finish ????

Back