Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Cameronmalson1985

Favourite brush ??

Cameronmalson1985

What’s everyone’s favourite brush at the moment then. Looking at buying a new one. 

paul alan

Gardiners just bought a new brush out, ordered one last night looks great.

Ultimate with DuPont bristle and natural bristles 175 grams.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/ultimate-brushes/ultimatetm-brush-dupont-hybrid-bristles.html

Looks awesome, light with good scrubbing power.

paul1

Xline rinse bar flocked. Live it and tried loads although new gardiner looks well

Nudel

Xtreme 35cm red fans at the moment, but just bought a new slx18 with an ultimate 35cm black fans and swivel. Looking forward to try it out!

albootyerbaws

the one i got with my clx about 4 years ago. cant mind what its called.

padman

This brush i bought yonks ago. Gave a go this week. Bloody heavy but loving it especially on leaded windows.

xline.jpg

Parky

Tucker. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

paul alan

Had the new du-pont ultimate out all say yesterday and can honestly say this the best brush I've ever used.

Light as a feather and a great scrub, an awesome brush. 

dan2016

Hi Alex Gardiner, do you plan too make 35cm du-pont brushes? Any idea of time scale if so?

Thanks

scottish cleaning service
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 13:34, paul alan said:

Gardiners just bought a new brush out, ordered one last night looks great.

Ultimate with DuPont bristle and natural bristles 175 grams.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/ultimate-brushes/ultimatetm-brush-dupont-hybrid-bristles.html

Looks awesome, light with good scrubbing power.

what jets did you get with it Paul?

paul alan
2 hours ago, dan2016 said:

Hi Alex Gardiner, do you plan too make 35cm du-pont brushes? Any idea of time scale if so?

Thanks

Alex stated on another forum that the 14" will be out in around 4 weeks time.

paul alan
25 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

what jets did you get with it Paul?

I got the standard 2mm pencil jets mate.

11 minutes ago, paul alan said:

I got the standard 2mm pencil jets mate.

do they use less water than the fan jets?

paul alan
1 minute ago, scottish cleaning service said:

do they use less water than the fan jets?

The amount of water you use is dictated by your pump, whatever type of flow delivery you have i e , jets, fans, rinse bar will only deliver the same amount of water.

So if your pump is on say 3/4 pressure it wont matter what your rinsing with the pump will still deliver the same amount of water.

Some delivery types are more effective than others so will require less rinsing, effectively using less water.

paul alan

Personally I don't like fan jets as I cannot see the water being rinsed down the pane. I have less confidence in them, I have tested them and find spotting in the corners of some pane's.

That being said I'm sure there are people who have perfected the technique and are proficient with them, I always go back to jets.

2 minutes ago, paul alan said:

The amount of water you use is dictated by your pump, whatever type of flow delivery you have i e , jets, fans, rinse bar will only deliver the same amount of water.

So if your pump is on say 3/4 pressure it wont matter what your rinsing with the pump will still deliver the same amount of water.

Some delivery types are more effective than others so will require less rinsing, effectively using less water.

good to know, thanks, moving between windows, is there a facility to turn off the jets and conserve water?

paul alan
1 minute ago, scottish cleaning service said:

good to know, thanks, moving between windows, is there a facility to turn off the jets and conserve water?

Yes mate uni valve.

Best bit of kit for this for ease of use, reliability and price.

11 minutes ago, paul alan said:

Yes mate uni valve.

Best bit of kit for this for ease of use, reliability and price.

cheers, seen a guy moving between windows giving the walls a wash as he went, uni valve is a must rather than crimping the hose. Thx mate

PureShine

Iv not used gardiners brushes before. Been using the ones that come with the water genie poles from the cleaning warehouse in willenhall. Just wondering how the gardiners supreme brush medium is in comparison as iv just ordered a couple of them?
Also are they any good for rinsing on the glass? Have ordered them with black fan jets

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

paul alan

You'll have a shock, Gardiner's brushes are very light.

I think the supreme weigh's in at around 200 gram's.

There is a brush guide on the Gardiner's website that show's what the brushes' are good for, and what they're not. It give's rating's for rinsing on.

PureShine
You'll have a shock, Gardiner's brushes are very light.

I think the supreme weigh's in at around 200 gram's.

There is a brush guide on the Gardiner's website that show's what the brushes' are good for, and what they're not. It give's rating's for rinsing on.
Sorted. I will have a look at that now. Cheers

10 minutes ago, PureShine said:

Sorted. I will have a look at that now. Cheers

you would think someone could design a universal brush but probably put the rest out of the game!

Viggers

I unfortunately have a brush fetish which has cost me a fortune over the last few years. I usually use them on a couple of windows and decide to put them in the bucket in back of the van I have nearly every brush made. I am seriously thinking of flogging some as they are all as new. But my current favourite is the Supreme flocked from Gardiner, to be honest any Supreme brushes are really good highly recommend them, but the flocked is awesome.

Cameronmalson1985

Have you got a picture of the one your talking about mate ??

PureShine
I unfortunately have a brush fetish which has cost me a fortune over the last few years. I usually use them on a couple of windows and decide to put them in the bucket in back of the van I have nearly every brush made. I am seriously thinking of flogging some as they are all as new. But my current favourite is the Supreme flocked from Gardiner, to be honest any Supreme brushes are really good highly recommend them, but the flocked is awesome.
Have you tried using the supreme specifically rinsing on the glass? If you have are they any good for it? I read only good reviews about gardiners products. The items and service so far from them has been excellent. Just had a look at their specification chart which says good for rinsing on. But always good to get the view of people that have been using them

PureShine
Have you got a picture of the one your talking about mate ??
Not sure if you were on about me or somebody else mate?

Viggers

I use the Supreme Soft Flocked which is on the Gardiner Website but unfortunately I don't have a picture of but just look on their website. As for rinsing on I always rinse off but they supreme medium mixed you may be able to but I know the ultimate brush you can

PureShine

Ok sorted. I will have a go with it rinsing on when i receive it. If this isnt good for rinsing on then i will give the ultimate brush a go. Thanks for your insight [emoji106]