Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner ultimate dupont brush

Man this cracks me up. Tucker have been using DuPont Bristle like forever and their brushes longevity was legendary. Now ... we have WCW with their Tucker Clones (Phantom). Xline with their rather strange attempt and now Gardiner? Not knocking it whatsoever but the conspiracy theorist in me wonders when Shawn Gavin moved his brush assembly back to the US whether the company who had been making them was left high and dry with a container load of DuPont. ? That aside, their bristle is stunning and any brush with it in would be well worth purchasing.

As a heads up on this bristle for those that have never experienced it. The nylon is very high quality and as such has low water retention (sheds water quickly, very similar to the PET bristle that Tecbuk used but with a slightly more aggressive scrub). On the glass the feel and glide is unsurpassed. Depending on what the ‘natural’ inner bristle is, this brush should be very very fast on the glass.

As a heads up on this bristle for those that have never experienced it. The nylon is very high quality and as such has low water retention (sheds water quickly, very similar to the PET bristle that Tecbuk used but with a slightly more aggressive scrub). On the glass the feel and glide is unsurpassed. Depending on what the ‘natural’ inner bristle is, this brush should be very very fast on the glass.
Should be here tues so carnt wait, says natural fibres for the inner bristles so guessing boar or horse hair. 

If it has natural fibres in the centre it will be awesome

I use extremes with natural inner fibres on some jobs and believe it or not they are the best scrubbing Gardiner brushes I own even though they have least bristles

Last edited by a moderator:
If it has natural fibres in the centre it will be awesome

I use extremes with natural inner fibres on some jobs and believe it or not they are the best scrubbing Gardiner brushes I own even though they have least bristles
When they say ‘natural’ fibre what are they meaning Dave? Horse hair, Boars hair? 

Of all the brushes I have and I have 7 different ones on the van this is the best.

The du-pont bristles glide while the natural bristle drag a little, it cleans like a heavier brush yet it is very light and agile.

I really like this brush and cant see me taking it off for a while yet.

I would say this is a "light handed" brush a bit like the extreme but you can still agitate quickly without having to be careful around the frames and sills.

The best of the bunch so far. (IMO)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of all the brushes I have and I have 7 different ones on the van this is the best.

The du-pont bristles glide while the natural bristle drag a little, it cleans like a heavier brush yet it is very light and agile.

I really like this brush and cant see me taking it off for a while yet.

I would say this is a "light handed" brush a bit like the extreme but you can still agitate quickly without having to be careful around the frames and sills.

The best of the bunch so far. (IMO)
lovely i think its about time i treated myself to a new brush or 2! thanks

Back