Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Den

Trad belt and pouches

Den

Was in B&Q today and saw a tool belt makes a great trad belt with pouches more than I need as I’m 99.9 wfp apart from internals.

padded belt with punches aren’t over big87F988D0-794D-4D19-964F-DD3853A398FF.thumb.jpeg.7961adcfcc375f718de8abebc0ab5a26.jpegDB103C4F-71D0-4CC7-BCDE-2B1F76BEC0E2.thumb.jpeg.cbce1873b26bea60048d3522caf78b7e.jpeg5E755D92-445B-4572-BA66-54FD94E26F56.thumb.jpeg.2f47a3fac009298141e6c3d6e3a46f4b.jpeg but defo do the job.

hooks on both pouches for extra squeegees bottles holders and much more, zipped compartments for money phones etc all for £14.85 and the best bit it’s colour coded lol.

A4BF4606-B61B-4613-A7FD-DE166CC18687.jpeg

BigFoot

I hope you have something in your right pocket in the second photo other wise I’ll feel inadequate for quite some time!

scottish cleaning service

That will put moerman out the game at those prices!

Den

The pouches are as good if not better quality than my unger ergotec punches, the padded belt is also really good and comfortable, I honestly recommend anyone going to B&Q to check these out you really won't be disappointed.

Nudel

That.. is a lot of stuff. Do you really drag all that stuff with you?

Den

No just showing how much you get for your money  I Normally Only have one pouch a boab two combinators in the boab spray bottle in pouch for when I  trad indoors. I'm WFP 99.9 of the time so only have a pouch with a sill cloth and 6" squeeze, the point of the post is for people to see what you get for £14.85 as there is a lot of trad cleaners that carry much more stuff than I will ever need.

Iron Giant

Looks way to bulky the belt is massive and if the 2 pouches are fixed for me would be overkill. I used wear the unger padded belt and ergotec pouch for well over 10 years. 

But I bought the Moerman side-kit a few months ago yes its pricey being over £20.00 but its lightweight has plenty of room with a good size front pocket for holding postcard size calling cards and my phone, The removable belt clips mean I can just put them on my  normal leather belt on work trousers and easy to clip off and place in back of the van. 

I am wfp but carry a cloth for sills, wiping down hose and around doors, but plenty of room for a spray bottle and squeegee for covered and tiled floor doorways. 

Den

The pouches are smaller than the unger ergotec pouche and better quality I also use the unger belt and ergotec pouch with just a sill cloth and 6” squeegee to clean between frame and sill being 99.9 wfp that’s all I need and in our cases would be overkill to wear this.

the pouches are not fixed they easily slide on and off can have one pouches or just wear the belt which is also padded.

posted this in the trad section for the trad boys that carry 7 or 8 squeegees Two bottles and many ofther thing like polz and bladz and trad man among many others.

title of This thread is call Trad belt and pouches just Showing what you can get on a budget for the trad guys that’s why it’s posted in the trad section.

I live approx 30 miles from where I was born but still visit friends and family which five of them lives in bungalows and I clean their windows for them when visiting in my car better than taking barrels of water and trolley so I will use this instead on them occasions. 

The beauty of the quick release belts is that they takes seconds to put on or take off this is the same mechanism as the meorman side pouches that as two mechanism.

the lads I see wearing the trad belt fully loaded are be better off wearing the correct belts for the jobs instead of a trouser belt.

1 hour ago, Den said:

The pouches are smaller than the unger ergotec pouche and better quality I also use the unger belt and ergotec pouch with just a sill cloth and 6” squeegee to clean between frame and sill being 99.9 wfp that’s all I need and in our cases would be overkill to wear this.

the pouches are not fixed they easily slide on and off can have one pouches or just wear the belt which is also padded.

posted this in the trad section for the trad boys that carry 7 or 8 squeegees Two bottles and many ofther thing like polz and bladz and trad man among many others.

title of This thread is call Trad belt and pouches just Showing what you can get on a budget for the trad guys that’s why it’s posted in the trad section.

I live approx 30 miles from where I was born but still visit friends and family which five of them lives in bungalows and I clean their windows for them when visiting in my car better than taking barrels of water and trolley so I will use this instead on them occasions. 

The beauty of the quick release belts is that they takes seconds to put on or take off this is the same mechanism as the meorman side pouches that as two mechanism.

the lads I see wearing the trad belt fully loaded are be better off wearing the correct belts for the jobs instead of a trouser belt.

Cheap as Chips

albootyerbaws

blade & app in hand scrim in pocket thats all i need.

Redditch windy
blade & app in hand scrim in pocket thats all i need.
and you climb ladders like that? not very safe!!!

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

albootyerbaws
19 minutes ago, Redditch windy said:

and you climb ladders like that? not very safe!!!

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

yes can still have 2 hands on the rungs

Mr O

Hello mate, that seems like a lot of gear hanging off you I don't know if I could handle all that stuff hanging on me! 

But I'm going to get one of those belt and pouch, my ergotech pouch is ready for the knackers yard.

albootyerbaws
42 minutes ago, Mr O said:

Hello mate, that seems like a lot of gear hanging off you I don't know if I could handle all that stuff hanging on me! 

But I'm going to get one of those belt and pouch, my ergotech pouch is ready for the knackers yard.

ye a wee bit to much.

Den
16 minutes ago, Mr O said:

Personally I wouldnt wear all that stuff either as I’m wfp, but today new customer internals massive job 60’ long glass several doors internalglass stair bannisters only use my 10” and 14” combinators boab etgotec pouche inside the pouch spray bottle and detail cloth with a scrim over my shoulder the one pouch more than enough for me.

I only ever use a applicator and squeegee on two customers bungalows thats the only trad jobs I have because there are plant pots and flower beds everywhere and quicker than wfp

Also use the applicator and squeegee for when I’m visiting friends and family 30 odd miles away they are also have bungalows. 

Like I said check it out if in B&Q multiple uses for diy, window cleaning etc.

Den
11 minutes ago, albootyerbaws said:

ye a wee bit to much.

11 minutes ago, albootyerbaws said:

ye a wee bit to much.

Agreed you do get a lot for your money 😀

Just goes to show how much Moerman is making in profit!

Daniel Perkins

I have pair of snickers work trousers with sidepockets, perfect for cloths, cards, plastic scraper, pen, invoice book etc. Unger scraper holsters onto side too. Hate wearing boabs. I have to bend down alot and so uncomfortable on stomach. Have 3 different boabs and don't like any of them.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Iron Giant
22 hours ago, Den said:

I appreciate what you are saying Den but I did trad for over 8 years and never needed to carry all that stuff, sill cloth,scrim and 12" squeegee. When I first started out I couldn't drive so walked my round, I would struggle to walk 10 yards with all that gear let alone work on a ladder safely. :1f609:

Den
56 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I appreciate what you are saying Den but I did trad for over 8 years and never needed to carry all that stuff, sill cloth,scrim and 12" squeegee. When I first started out I couldn't drive so walked my round, I would struggle to walk 10 yards with all that gear let alone work on a ladder safely. :1f609:

Yes I know what you mean I have two squeegees in my boab (don't use a applicator because mine are combinators) small spray bottle and two rags in my pouch on the two trad jobs I do every 8 weeks.

see below the photos of my unger belt Held together with gaffer tape closed the end clip in the van door a couple of weeks ago. So I needed a new belt 😀 So I personally save approx £5 and got two pouches and a bottle holder free a no brainier 🙃

If buying cleaning the equipment needed from a windowing cleaning supplier would be between £60 and £70 as a guess.

padded belt.

two pouches 

bottle holder on a belt.

if in B&Q check them out only takes a minute to look. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

KWClean

I am WFP mainly and was finding it hard to justify buying a window cleaners belt and all its bits and bobs, had instead been walking around with a bag of stuff which to be honest would start off in the car and then I would go and get it when I needed it.  All I know is I picked one up yesterday from Screwfix (14.99) with some other stuff after seeing this thread.  Put it on, stuck a spray bottle in with some degreaser in it in a pocket, some microfibres in another pocket,  stuck my clip for my BOAB on it which I later had to use because the lady could not shut the sliding porch door.  Worked great, felt great and looked no doubt more professional than fishing in a asda carrier bag.  So many thanks for this Den... I owe you a pint.

Den
7 minutes ago, KWClean said:

I am WFP mainly and was finding it hard to justify buying a window cleaners belt and all its bits and bobs, had instead been walking around with a bag of stuff which to be honest would start off in the car and then I would go and get it when I needed it.  All I know is I picked one up yesterday from Screwfix (14.99) with some other stuff after seeing this thread.  Put it on, stuck a spray bottle in with some degreaser in it in a pocket, some microfibres in another pocket,  stuck my clip for my BOAB on it which I later had to use because the lady could not shut the sliding porch door.  Worked great, felt great and looked no doubt more professional than fishing in a asda carrier bag.  So many thanks for this Den... I owe you a pint.

I have learned a lot from the guys on this forum money saving ideas, products, tools, brushes etc,etc,  just glad to contribute back.

screwfix and B&Q are owned by the same group apparentally. Only went there to buy a rug with the wife she didn't like after all, I needed a belt so have a look but noticed this is instead lol.

KWClean
1 minute ago, Den said:

I have learned a lot from the guys on this forum money saving ideas, products, tools, brushes etc,etc,  just glad to contribute back.

screwfix and B&Q are owned by the same group apparentally. Only went there to buy a rug with the wife she didn't like after all, I needed a belt so have a look but noticed this is instead lol.

Free coffee and cheaper products at toolstation though, there you go I contributed something.

Den
1 minute ago, KWClean said:

Free coffee and cheaper products at toolstation though, there you go I contributed something.

Lol I now but not always better I bought the eviquilent waterproof thermal gloves to the argon skytec XL from toolstation couldn't get them one and also the quality was not as good didn't go to waste though as my son wears them Saying that I got the oversize lagging for my outside pipework and USB sockets for around the house with free delivery cheaper than screwfix. 

albootyerbaws
20 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Just goes to show how much Moerman is making in profit!

aye put a moerman sticker on the b&q belt & charge what you want.