Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just got my first gutter vac and poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

kurtcobain

I just bought a Nilfisk Alto 961 and a 40ft carbon fibre set from GCS. Alex was kind enough to supply me with an adapter for my Nilfisk hose.

The vacuum is a beast and very well made. Hugely powerful. It came with a dust filter in the head. First question is must the dust filter be removed even when the gutter debris is bone dry in this weather? I assume it’s deaf filter out when wet vaccing...

2nd question is about carbon fibre. The poles are very thin and I am scared of damaging them. Do they need treating with kid gloves? What tension do the poles need to be done up to. The most I have done is when I hear a slight crunch, just enough to stop the pole spinning.

The poles look ok but I have nothing to compare them to. I couldn’t have afforded a skyvac set of poles.

They also threw in a GoPro bracket (I have a GoPro hero 4), and I use my phone as a monitor. This seems to be the way to do it on a budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutter cleaning systems? Is that where u got it? Ive got their poles light as a feather but do feel a bit fragile, so far not broke,but did get a couple stuck.

I like the sound of the nilfisk, i got their 1800wt, but feel it lacks power, could do with more power.

Yes, Gutter Cleaning Systems. I did look at a second hand set on ebay of another brand which looked thicker but where the friction type. Also bit far away to collect.

Anyway, I've got what i've got and I will have to live with it and look after it!

I did toy with a 3000w Chinese vac, but I don't buy cheap tools - always bites me in bum so I get good brands!!

No sorry I bought it somewhere else. I read that this particular model is the same as the SkyVac Industrial (they just rebrand) though I cannot be sure of that. 

I just bought a tube pack from them

Latest Posts

Back