Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Declan Mc

2nd hand SkyVac gutter vac - what to look out for?

Declan Mc

Hey guys.

Looking at a 2nd hand SkyVac - a new one runs about £4000 here.

Anything I should be on the lookout for - any issues that crop up over time? Or is it a safe enough bet once it starts?!

Cheers.

THL4KEL

For what you will spend on a second hand one you could buy 3500 watt brand new one manufactured in Germany or Italy with 12 months warrenty 

Scroz

Hi Declen Mc

There are two parts of the SkyVac system. the Carbon poles, and a vacuum system.

Things to look out for on the Carbon poles are wear in the joins the grit and grime that gets trapped in the joins of the poles tends to lead to binding and difficulty separating. This wearing also makes controlling the pole from the ground more difficult. SpaceVac (in competition) added a fastening system to reduce this.

The Vacuum depends a bit on how much it has been used. the vacuum cleaner sold with SkyVac is decent, but similar vacuums can be picked up for around 1500aud new.

if you looking to get into the Gutter cleaning, or any high cleaning i'd be seriously considering SpaceVac.

http://spillz.co.nz/products/spaceva/

THL4KEL

Sky Vac is great for the UK but if I was you living in NZ I'd recommend getting in touch with https://industrialvac.com.au

They should be able to point you in the right direction for a unit which is better suited to the roof types. 

Declan Mc
20 hours ago, Scroz said:

Hi Declen Mc

There are two parts of the SkyVac system. the Carbon poles, and a vacuum system.

Things to look out for on the Carbon poles are wear in the joins the grit and grime that gets trapped in the joins of the poles tends to lead to binding and difficulty separating. This wearing also makes controlling the pole from the ground more difficult. SpaceVac (in competition) added a fastening system to reduce this.

The Vacuum depends a bit on how much it has been used. the vacuum cleaner sold with SkyVac is decent, but similar vacuums can be picked up for around 1500aud new.

if you looking to get into the Gutter cleaning, or any high cleaning i'd be seriously considering SpaceVac.

http://spillz.co.nz/products/spaceva/

Thanks Scroz,

Exactly what I was after! Do you have one yourself?

Choice over here is limited, so I was interested to see a used Skyvac being sold.

tench0771

just get a brand new grippa vac 2400w, ive had mine for quiet some time with no issue its handled every thing ive thrown at it plenty of power these numitic hovers are hard as nails and then a bit more 

Edited by tench0771

AGlassAct
just get a brand new grippa vac 2400w, ive had mine for quiet some time with no issue its handled every thing ive thrown at it plenty of power these numitic hovers are hard as nails and then a bit more 

Which model numatic is it tench - is it a 3 motor?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Carts69
On 10/07/2018 at 04:34, Declan Mc said:

Hey guys.

Looking at a 2nd hand SkyVac - a new one runs about £4000 here.

Anything I should be on the lookout for - any issues that crop up over time? Or is it a safe enough bet once it starts?!

Cheers.

Over priced, over rated... over and out!

Pjj
1 hour ago, AGlassAct said:

Which model numeric is it tench - is it a 3 motor?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ive just bought one not used it yet it’s 2400 watt two motors suction seems goood but haven’t used it on a job yet , time will tell if it’s as good as my omnivac 😂😂😂😂