Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

scottish cleaning service

Joining Checkatrade.com

Think I will join Checkatrade.com regarding my pressure washing service. No-one in my area does it on their site. They charge 83 pounds a month and I think its a minimum of a year. I can also add my cleaning business on it. They don't have a dedicated window cleaning place on their site. What I do like about them is their on air advertising. I will let you know how I get on and if I think its worth the grand a year or not.

Pjj

Wouldn’t it be better to invest that kind of money on a good web site ? That’s a lot to spend just to be on cheakatrade I asked a wide variety of my customers how they would find a window cleaner or pressure washing services all said they would google it , when I suggested cheakertrade most said they wouldn’t bother with it as anyone can “ buy”a space with them so it doesn’t mean a lot , just my ten pentsworth 

Panorama window cleaning

My Fiancee and i are renovating our flat and we have spent alot of time on checkatrade looking for carpenters, plasterers, electricians etc etc.... its great for finding builders etc (well not always) but i dont think most peope would think to look on checkatrade for a window cleaner as its almost seen as a janatorial job.... which most peope will just Google

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Forget it for a window cleaner, they don't even list it. I'm doing it for the pressure washing and conservatory cleaning. No one on it for my area so that's why I'm doing it. They are spending 15 million on tv advertising this year and I like the group they are targeting. Twenty pound a week and it goes through the business so doesn't cost me anything. I will do it for a year and see how it goes. Nothing ventured nothing gained, if I get a couple of jobs out of it then it's paid for.

Panorama window cleaning

Deffo will be good to have the association with checkatrade. Hope you get lots of interest mate [emoji109]

WW2015
10 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Forget it for a window cleaner, they don't even list it. I'm doing it for the pressure washing and conservatory cleaning. No one on it for my area so that's why I'm doing it. They are spending 15 million on tv advertising this year and I like the group they are targeting. Twenty pound a week and it goes through the business so doesn't cost me anything. I will do it for a year and see how it goes. Nothing ventured nothing gained, if I get a couple of jobs out of it then it's paid for.

They do list it.....I'm on it....

THL4KEL

Pressure washing goes quiet October through to March plus if your doing it during the winter months water freezes on the ground making it dangerous for people.

That's what I was saying to the woman but I prefer to read in the winter as it gets dark early, a sort of wind down period. I am purely joining for the advertising my name will get. Will let you know how I get on and if its worth it.

Iron Giant

Surely the thing is with Checkatrade you need client reviews the same as fb or Google which is free.

I've got a client have 2 trades people off checkatrade and he wasn't happy the quality of the work off either of them.

County Durham Lad

All they do is give them bad reviews. Its for customers who don't know any person through word of mouth which we all know is the best. Anyhow the girl is coming tomorrow to interview me and see my license and insurance. I'm the only one on it for my area so any viewers should contact me first. For me just starting, I believe it will be money well spent. A couple of jobs and it should pay for itself.

Rep from Checkatrade had an interview with me today, very thorough regarding all the paper work. Photo of liability insurance, passport, driving license and window cleaner's license. They are just moving into Scotland now and they are starting to get busy with traders. I think it's worth the twenty pounds a week and after a year you can get your money back if it doesn't work out. If could be the way forward for one man bands.

Adman
On 08/08/2018 at 16:35, scottish cleaning service said:

Rep from Checkatrade had an interview with me today, very thorough regarding all the paper work. Photo of liability insurance, passport, driving license and window cleaner's license. They are just moving into Scotland now and they are starting to get busy with traders. I think it's worth the twenty pounds a week and after a year you can get your money back if it doesn't work out. If could be the way forward for one man bands.

Hi mate, I'm with Checkatrade.  They promise a lot, but in reality I get maybe 2 enquiries per month.

They are about to change all their pricing structure so I'd be inclined to wait and see if they review  and lower the cost for small one man band companies as they're hammering the bigger boys with 60% increases.

cheers @Adman will let you know how  get on when I go live next week. £20 a week is good value for a big company, doesn't surprise me on the increase. Another few stickers for my van and not many on it in Paisley. Getting all my customers to fill in a card when I do my windys at end of month. I'm expecting to be very busy but one will see next month.

5 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

Eighty quid a month would fund a great website...

I'm just joining for the free van stickers! :1f602:

Should go live on Checkatrader tomorrow if all going well.

That's me live on https://www.checkatrade.com/ScottishCleaningService/

I am very happy paying £20 a week to be on their site. Linked it to my website

thus taking advantage of their advertising. Got my customers to fill in my ref forms

and they are all for it bar my price rise. Next week I receive my 4 van stickers to

complement my advertising. If you don't here from me its because I'm too busy with work. :1f609:

THL4KEL

Shame you didn't do it in March. Only about five weeks and it goes dead.

Haz

Checkatrade is very well known and having there sticker on your van etc can do wonders for your business... if u can afford it then go for it :)

Panorama window cleaning
That's me live on https://www.checkatrade.com/ScottishCleaningService/

I am very happy paying £20 a week to be on their site. Linked it to my website
thus taking advantage of their advertising. Got my customers to fill in my ref forms
and they are all for it bar my price rise. Next week I receive my 4 van stickers to
complement my advertising. If you don't here from me its because I'm too busy with work. :1f609:
How's it going then? Have you had any calls?

Went live 22nd and still don't have my van stickers. No calls as yet but I am really busy so no time to do them. I set it up for pressure washing and now the season is nearly over. I said I would give it a year and see how it pans out but will keep you all updated. :1f609:

Got my first call today through Checkatrader regarding a monthly clean on a relatively new estate 2miles from me. Wasn't going to view the job until the woman discussed what she wanted cleaned. All glass and PVC frames and SFG once a year. Then the interesting part, the guy that does the estate isn't reliable and that's including collecting the money. She got fed up with him and wants a reliable monthly clean so I said I would go and see it Thursday afternoon. She told me its a 3bed semi and I said probably about a tenner a month, she was ok with that.

Adman

Don't be afraid to quote higher on Checkatrade jobs as the customer wants a proper job.  👍

Well I went to see that job today. Its a small mid-terrace, 8 small windows and a half pvc door. I told her a tenner a month and I will do the first clean for same money. Then she pulled me aside and said she maybe putting it on the market. I said thanks for telling me, so £20 first clean and a tenner a month and she was very happy with that. I failed to understand a reason why people would want a clean regardless of price because its going on the market. So first cleans will always be double or triple from now on. :1f609: 

THL4KEL

Probably wants its looking tidy for the estate agent pictures 

Haz

£20.00 for a first clean should be minimum charge of £40.00 😉

Well I did the first clean and gave a good spray with Degreaser. Ended up like a Foam Party and then I realized the 10 to 1 rule. Wee woman was over the moon as I had just put an extra 10 grand on the sale price. Earlier on today I got a call from a woman about 10 miles away from me to clear out some gutters. She ask me how much and I said £3 a metre and confused her. Anyway, after the first clean I drove up to Bishopbriggs to give her a price. 4 bedroom detached house with a full size single story extension. Clear 3 gutters and clear the moss from the extension roof. £80 I said and she said go ahead and immediately got to work. Ended up screwing the downpipe to the gutter as it had fallen off (wee trick I learned as a joiner to put a screw through gutter running outlet and downpipe to prevent it coming apart). Next a gutter union was leaking as clip was non clipping so another pilot hole then a screw through clip, gutter and small piece of wood to hold it all together. Poured in some water and it had sealed. Then I cleaned the gutters with my pro gutter tool and in 2hrs I was finished. She was very happy and filled in my checkatrader form and I posted it for a reference. So all in all I made a ton today because of joining checkatrader. I'm very happy with their service and its beginning to pay off and hope it continues. :1f609: 

Panorama window cleaning
Well I did the first clean and gave a good spray with Degreaser. Ended up like a Foam Party and then I realized the 10 to 1 rule. Wee woman was over the moon as I had just put an extra 10 grand on the sale price. Earlier on today I got a call from a woman about 10 miles away from me to clear out some gutters. She ask me how much and I said £3 a metre and confused her. Anyway, after the first clean I drove up to Bishopbriggs to give her a price. 4 bedroom detached house with a full size single story extension. Clear 3 gutters and clear the moss from the extension roof. £80 I said and she said go ahead and immediately got to work. Ended up screwing the downpipe to the gutter as it had fallen off (wee trick I learned as a joiner to put a screw through gutter running outlet and downpipe to prevent it coming apart). Next a gutter union was leaking as clip was non clipping so another pilot hole then a screw through clip, gutter and small piece of wood to hold it all together. Poured in some water and it had sealed. Then I cleaned the gutters with my pro gutter tool and in 2hrs I was finished. She was very happy and filled in my checkatrader form and I posted it for a reference. So all in all I made a ton today because of joining checkatrader. I'm very happy with their service and its beginning to pay off and hope it continues. :1f609: 
Just need 1 day like that per month and you'll break even ...reckon you'll profit

Aye, that old woman today with the 4 bed detached house, that's the clients I'm after. Its hard for her to do anything physical so they have to get someone in. I'm hoping its me in the future but its quite a trek. If you see me next year with a new Sprinter of Crafter then its all going well. Finding it hard to keep quiet to the naysayers but when they see me busy you can see just by their expression they are desperate to ask how's it going but I'm saying 0 as I'm the only windy on it for 10miles and hope it continues. :1f609: