Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Down pipe nightmare

Beer

Ever had a problem with a **** customer who you've literally had to spoon feed information over and over . Well this guy called me after cleaning and clearing gutter and said my gutter is over flowing again . I originally cleared the gutter and lifted so the water came out half way and clipped it back together but the end of the Down pipe is buried and won't move so can't get anywhere near the end . I did say he needed to either make a cut at the bottom to relieve pressure or call a Plummer . And he turned and said I want you to go up and have a check . It was spotless when I did it 3 weeks ago just needed to be cut . How would you reply to that thanks 

You have got to watch out for these characters. They employ you to clear and clean gutters. If there is a problem with their drainage system then he needs a builder or a drain company. Its called mission creep or cleaning creep as I call it, they expect you to fix it for 0 even if it takes all day. Dodge in future :1f609:

If the down pipes blocked underground then you can cut the pipe, however get them to do it, that way if the water congregates near the wall they can’t come back to you should they have any issues with damp. the water is supposed to drain away either in to a drain or a soak away. If the blockage is under ground i tell them the best thing is to call a drain company.

I cleared a gutter & downpipe on a garage for an elderly lady once. The roof was covered in moss. Two weeks later she rang me up saying its blocked again did you do it properly? We had a horrendous thunderstorm just before she rang. went there and the majority of the loose moss that was on the roof had been carried down by the sheer volume of water it had running down it. Not my fault but sometimes you just get unlucky

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had one a few months back on a ten year old house. Client said it had a blocked down pipe so I dismantled it and where it slotted into he ground it just slotted into concrete. Told him and showed him. It had always been blocked. He went back to the builder to take it up with them. 

Latest Posts

Back