Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on a sill brush

GSS Window Cleaning

Been using gardiners sill brushs for a while but im a bit of a heavy scrubber and tend to find im wrecking the bristles within a few weeks and seem to lose loads of bristles on the corners. Can anyone recommend a sill brush that lasts a bit longer? 

I loved the sill brushes but I'm using the supreme with rubber bumper now as it lasts ages and still can get the sills.
I tried this but was still scratching sills. Nothings better than a sill brush in my opinion just after 2 months mines ready for the bin. I am a very heavy scrubber and carnt help pull the wobbly and bent bristles out the brush lol 

I like using the gardiner black sill brush. However I also have the xline sill brush, its a lot bigger and I find it a lot heavier. Apparently I heard a new sill brush from Gardiners was in the pipeline, maybe they should do a dupont sill brush like xline have

I like using the gardiner black sill brush. However I also have the xline sill brush, its a lot bigger and I find it a lot heavier. Apparently I heard a new sill brush from Gardiners was in the pipeline, maybe they should do a dupont sill brush like xline have
Gardiners are bringing out an extreme sill brush. 

Although if your knackering standard sill brushes in 2 months, these won’t help.

Ive got the medium mixed sill brushes on all 3 of my poles and they are over 3 years old and still going strong ?

Gardiners are bringing out an extreme sill brush. 

Although if your knackering standard sill brushes in 2 months, these won’t help.

Ive got the medium mixed sill brushes on all 3 of my poles and they are over 3 years old and still going strong ?

Dear me how do you make them last that long ? If we get an absolute maximum of three months out of a brush we have done well , how many hours a week are you working ? We do aprox 40 hours , we used to use the sill brush but now use the stiff supream as I found it seamed to work better and last a bit longer than the sill brush . I remember using Vikan sill brushes about 15 years ago they lasted years you just couldn’t damage or wear them out pity  Gardiners brushes don’t last like that 

I used to be a big sill brush fan, quite a heavy user and mine also used to wear quickly at the edges. For whatever reason I tried an  ultimate medium I had lying around and I much prefer it now. I tried it with the bumpers at first and they don’t last long, wear at the edges and fall off, but now just use it as is. Just a matter of tweaking yr technique. Ultimate medium and flocked my two favourite brushes now. 

8-4 five days a week.

Strangly I quite like the feel of a sill brush on the glass once it’s worn a bit.

I find that as the bristles fray and soften, they feel lighter on the glass, almost like a flocked brush.

I wouldn’t use a standard brush. I think sill brushes remove dirt much easier off sills instead of ‘gliding’ over dirt ?

Been using gardiners sill brushs for a while but im a bit of a heavy scrubber and tend to find im wrecking the bristles within a few weeks and seem to lose loads of bristles on the corners. Can anyone recommend a sill brush that lasts a bit longer? 
You don't need to be scrubbing that hard it's just not necessary on any clean and waste of energy and time. 

You don't need to be scrubbing that hard it's just not necessary on any clean and waste of energy and time. 
I kmow mate been doing it 8 years or more now and its just habbit very harf to break just dont feel like im cleaning windows very well if i clean them lightly. Now i know why im so tired after work lol been putting in far too much effort!! Lol

Working 30 hours a week, my supreme lasted nearly a year before being pensioned off.
Am I bad person?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Were on about sill brushes. We know standard brushes last a bit longer. 

I kmow mate been doing it 8 years or more now and its just habbit very harf to break just dont feel like im cleaning windows very well if i clean them lightly. Now i know why im so tired after work lol been putting in far too much effort!! Lol

Were on about sill brushes. We know standard brushes last a bit longer. 
I used to be more heavy-handed  in the past but realised it after too many years it was overkill, a bit like a sill brush just no needed IMHO as a brush that big and heavy ain't needed to do a thorough job. 

Exactly this!

My extreme has been on the pole day in day out for at least 6 months, still looks like new. The bristles tips do the work, anything else gets super scrapered.

If you take a second to check your glass first and identify anything needing special attention, there is no need to scrub hard. Its mostly just dust that need a brush over.

Time, water, and energy are 3 of your most valuable resources. Be efficient with them.

I wouldn’t say that a sill brush does a better job(apart from the rare occasion when working in tight spaces), they do the same job but just a lot quicker. More bristles equals less scrubbing time than a normal brush. Also most of the time you don’t intently have to clean the sill as the lower bristles do it for you whilst cleaning the bottom
of the frame.
@irongiant what physical conditions do you suffer from?
Not being critical but just looking for advice on what to look out for as you never know what’s astound the corner. Im not the fittest or healthiest of people but I’ve used both normal brushes and now sill brushes and have noticed no difference in physicality or fatigue.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back