Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dreaded sills taking too long

Carts69

Just wondering how you guys clean upvc sills, I seem to be taking too long on them, water jets keeps flushing **** out from the gap which seems never ending?

Just wondering how you guys clean upvc sills, I seem to be taking too long on them, water jets keeps flushing **** out from the gap which seems never ending?
Take extra time on first clean and charge for it if necessary.

Then when cleaning them on a regular schedule and some dirt comes out, knock the jets off and run brush along to remove what’s run out.

Or you could wipe them with a cloth.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Great advice there, cheers lads, yep was surely wasting water unnecessarily flushing   But will now revert to one of the methods mentioned above ?

On my first clean at a new property I use a degreaser such as UBIK or No nonsense DG from Screwfix and wash all the suds away with the custys outside tap water and my regular hose pipe. Its at this point that I give the sills a good blast outwith a powerful jet. The crud keeps coming out for ages.....but when you come to do them the next time around with pure, theres next to nothing there. (No need to worry about costly pure when using tap) . The customer is asked first of course. Just my 2p worth. 

On my first clean at a new property I use a degreaser such as UBIK or No nonsense DG from Screwfix and wash all the suds away with the custys outside tap water and my regular hose pipe. Its at this point that I give the sills a good blast outwith a powerful jet. The crud keeps coming out for ages.....but when you come to do them the next time around with pure, theres next to nothing there. (No need to worry about costly pure when using tap) . The customer is asked first of course. Just my 2p worth. 
Good idea ?

Good idea ?

I was doing a FSG clean last week and after I scrubbed the back I gave it a hose down with the outside tap. Worked a treat but made sure custy never saw me.

I was doing a FSG clean last week and after I scrubbed the back I gave it a hose down with the outside tap. Worked a treat but made sure custy never saw me.
Ha, I always wash it down with tap. If the custy hasnt got an outside tap, I wont bother doing it in the first place. On first cleans, I start off by spraying the FSG  or conny roof etc with tap to loosen things up a bit, then UBIK, then wash off with tap, then pure to finish.A lot of water but the results are great and sets you up for an easy cleans from then on. 

The problem is the UPSTAIRS where you can't see what's coming out or what is left on the sill. You just have to clean best you can...and hope. I've been water fedding now for 7 months and there's STILL **** coming out of the sills. And that's after a good clean and flush on the first, second, third (you get the idea) clean. You simply have to deal with it best you can I think you'll always get some of that sill dirt to wash away on some of your windows.

Yeah dont be water fed poling them you’ll be there forever & a day wasting gallons of water. Microfibre cloth for the wipe over job done

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

No mate it's just back-pack and trolley users frightened of using to much water ?  I flush it out although I have certain jobs on main roads that are still abit of pain years later but I have always wiped the lower sills with a cloth as I do with most of my  jobs 

Latest Posts

Back