Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Own windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gasket

One of my own windows driving me mad...

My front window which gets sun in the Morning always looks terrible and I mean real bad spotting.

It’s lead about 18 years old.

Frame is clean.. water is 000 and I rinse hell out it. DuPont brush

Worries me Cos I do a few on the estate

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Winter sun hitting it at a lower angle probably showing up more. I picked up four new customers on  a street iv been cleaning for some time all walk ups, I think the low angle winter sun must have influenced their decision. Obviously if you’ve noticed this problem over a long period of time this won’t be the issue.

I’m fairly new to wfp, but is it possible , the lead is just leaking dirt etc no matter how much it’s scrubbed

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Is it proper single owned lead with single pieces of glass in every piece of lead? How many times have you cleaned it? It is possible that dirty water is still leeching out.

Bar keepers friend is the weapon of choice for lead stains, mix it up into a paste and scrub with a magic sponge or even a cloth - try not to get too much on the lead as you may take the oxidised layer off, making it shiny (it will leech again then!). Jobs a gud-un and the glass will be like new again!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back