Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 ro’s into one

Posh

I have a 200gpd to & a 300 gpd ro.

I need to upgrade to probably a 500 or 600 ro to make the water quicker to make.

This may sound stupid I don’t know but can I somehow put this 2 ro’s together to somehow make a 500gpd ro.

Both have booster pumps

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

if you have a pump for each, then use a t piece to join the outputs together, then your flow into your tank will be 500gpd.  simple

another option would be to feed the waste from the 300 into the input of the 200  and have 2 separate outputs into one tank.   this reduces the amount of wase water produced, but increase your production.        to do this, remove the flow restrict er from the 300   and just have one on the 200.   this removes the need for 2 pumps.

this is known as a double pass filter system

if you have a pump for each, then use a t piece to join the outputs together, then your flow into your tank will be 500gpd.  simple
another option would be to feed the waste from the 300 into the input of the 200  and have 2 separate outputs into one tank.   this reduces the amount of wase water produced, but increase your production.        to do this, remove the flow restrict er from the 300   and just have one on the 200.   this removes the need for 2 pumps.

this is known as a double pass filter system

Many thanks for that
Think first option was best
I think by feeding the waste through the 300 one as well as the mains water that would make a ppm of almost 800 going through the 200 one which would kill my resin.
Well I think so anyway if I’ve read it right

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Running waste in through a second ro to save water is counterproductive. The first ro have let only the smallest particles through, and the second one won't be able to remove that size particles anyway.

Water is way cheaper than new filters, so running in parallel makes more sense if I understand this correctly.

Back