Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Man Utd, Mourinho, Pogba & everything in between

RWCleaning

(For Football fans)

Opinions please on Manchester United. I’m a big Man Utd fan, all my life but I’m only 28 though. But I’ve always liked Mourinho as well, a true ruthless winner. Well up into recently maybe?

The club is amlost unrecognisable from just 5-10 years ago under Sir Alex. Paying huge over the odds for under performing players, the board refusing to give the manager one more signing he wants. A first team player evidently fallen out with the manager and giving strong hints in the press about who/why and getting away with it. 

So:

•Mourinho to stay or go?? (I don’t necessarily mean sacked, he could walk and easily get another big European club next season) and who can we realistically replace him with??

•Should Pogba be sold? (Maybe Sir Alex was right about letting the boy go and not giving him the big contract he wanted a few years ago)

•Or is the big problem at board level? 

Hi RW,

Local to you but a big and lifelong Chelsea fan (longer than you been alive !!!). I am a great believer than no manager or player is greater than the club or its supporters, managers and players come and go but fans are usually very loyal. Regarding the present problem at Man U, if I was the board I would get rid of Mour and Pogba, it will send a clear message to those remaining & the rest of football !!!!. Mour first stint at CFC was successful and he was clearly with the players, almost as a mate. I have noticed that the more successful he has become ( he has a fantastic CV) the bigger his ego has got & the more he has become confrontational. I was at the CFC game when the club doctor came on to Hazard a few years ago and Mour publicly humiliated her and wrongly in my mind....he lost many CFC players respect over that and he went and rightly so.

I would say it’s down to the 11 on the pitch simply not putting a shift in. You dont need a billion pound squad to win titles, leicester proved that. Its too easy to make a scapegoat out of managers these days. They’re hired and fired in the same season a lot of the time. With all the professional training and coaching they have had in their lives it can’t possibly be all down to Mourinho. People forget that its so easy to underestimate your opponent. Both squads are all professional players that have gone through academies from very young ages. West Ham have been on good form recently whereas man u haven’t. Whatever historical statistics say, it’s the present that matters. west ham looked the more likely candidates to win in my opinion.
I will say that mourinho doesn’t look healthy lately. Maybe it’s stress i don’t know. I’m not a massive fan of mourinho as a manager, but at the end of the day, the squad are being paid mega bucks to “not produce”
I’ve said to my mate time and again, footballers pay should be performance based (every player gets a static wage, e.g, 2k a week) and then any bonuses/the rest is based on tackles made, goals scored, saves made, passes completed, interceptions, goals scored etc. then you’ll really see who the best players are when they have to “earn” the big money.
Too many of them on mega bucks and couldn’t care either way what happens either way as long as their hairstyle looks the part

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi RW,

Local to you but a big and lifelong Chelsea fan (longer than you been alive !!!). I am a great believer than no manager or player is greater than the club or its supporters, managers and players come and go but fans are usually very loyal. Regarding the present problem at Man U, if I was the board I would get rid of Mour and Pogba, it will send a clear message to those remaining & the rest of football !!!!. Mour first stint at CFC was successful and he was clearly with the players, almost as a mate. I have noticed that the more successful he has become ( he has a fantastic CV) the bigger his ego has got & the more he has become confrontational. I was at the CFC game when the club doctor came on to Hazard a few years ago and Mour publicly humiliated her and wrongly in my mind....he lost many CFC players respect over that and he went and rightly so.
Hey man how’s it going? I saw you on the dual carriageway near the copper dean a few weeks back. Yeh feels like Mourinho’s changed a lot. Yeh Pogba hasn’t got the credit in the bank at Utd yet to be a bit of a trouble maker. Ferguson sacked the current club captain when he became a problem in 2005. Totally different set up now. Player power and all that.

(For Football fans)
Opinions please on Manchester United. I’m a big Man Utd fan, all my life but I’m only 28 though. But I’ve always liked Mourinho as well, a true ruthless winner. Well up into recently maybe?

The club is amlost unrecognisable from just 5-10 years ago under Sir Alex. Paying huge over the odds for under performing players, the board refusing to give the manager one more signing he wants. A first team player evidently fallen out with the manager and giving strong hints in the press about who/why and getting away with it. 

So:

•Mourinho to stay or go?? (I don’t necessarily mean sacked, he could walk and easily get another big European club next season) and who can we realistically replace him with??

•Should Pogba be sold? (Maybe Sir Alex was right about letting the boy go and not giving him the big contract he wanted a few years ago)

•Or is the big problem at board level? 

I personally never wanted Mourhino he causes drama everywhere he goes plus I hate his style of play and philosophy (which is outdated) its going to cost us in the long run.. If you were a tourist and had a choice between watching city or United as much as it hurts to admit you’d choose city.

I think most of the players in the squad don’t like playing under him especially Rashford, pogba and Martial... pogbas just won the WC and Rashfords has been performing well for England yet none of them can do it in a United shirt. I didn’t watch it today but the derby game was embarrassing to watch sticking fellani up top and lumping it forward to him proper Sunday league stuff.

You’ve got Zidane who’s won the champs league 3 times in a row sat on a beach somewhere and pochettino who’s done well with spurs on a tiny budget. Worse bit of it all is it’s going to cost us £26 million to get rid of Jose now [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Good points made, I agree with the style of play, BUT, when we hired him the majority of fans said we don’t care how it’s done, just get us winning the league. I really thought he would with the all the big signings. But we’re miles off again ?

But the reason why I say it’s not necessarily all Jose’ fault, it’s clear he wanted a new/better CB in the summer, I reckon Alderwield was top of his list, why didn’t the board pay the £50M spurs wanted? That’s nothing to the Man Utd board, Ed Woodward is always boasting about record turnover & staggering commercial deals. They gave Jose a NEW 3 year contract in January, so they trusted & backed him then. What changed? 

The glazers still take 49p of every £1 Utd make I heard this week. I think there’s bigger problems than just the manager. What happens if Zidane proves that tactically he isn’t all that? Right team right time at real? (he never got close to winning the league in 3 years)

*Personally we’ve tried two big names in a row (Lvg and Mourinho) IF Jose does go, I’d give it to Giggs. Give him a 2 or 3 year contract and see how he’s doing after 2 years. Give him complete control over signings and contracts. He absolutely loves the club. Seems to have a balanced-ish view of football and life. And he knows the football style traditions of the club, and now trying to get wales play that way. Think of how many players would respect him in the dressing room. 

Even if results didnt change that much, there’d be such a good feel factor around the club with him in charge 

i think mourinho is the problem he was great at Porto and his first stint at Chelsea. But ever since everywhere he goes it has ended like this. Inter, real Madrid, 2nd spell at Chelsea and now utd. Fallen out with the club's stars ruined young players like Shaw Rashford and martial! And the football is awful 

Completely agree about Woodward he’s absolutely class at getting in the big commercial deals/sponsorships but clueless when it comes to closing deals for players.

In mourhinos defence normally we would have won the league last season but city were on a different level (still the football we played was woeful).

If Giggs took over and it went well that’d be a dream but if it went bad for him it’d be another kick in the teeth for us watching one of our legends fail.

I think Zidane won the league in his first season and then to win the champions league 3 times in a row whilst keeping all of his superstar players motivated and hungry is class. Yes he had a world class team but a lot of managers have world class teams and fail, I think he’d be perfect for us.

Hoping I wake up to the news that Jose’s got the sack [emoji1374]

Just think the Man U fans need to understand that under Ferguson you bought all the best young players and had very little competition. You now have other teams with equally, or bigger, cheque books. Blaming Tom, **** and Harry won't get you anywhere. Time to accept, like Liverpool fans had to, the domination era is over. 

All these foreign players just don't have any passion for Man U the only thing they care about is spending cash.... Fergie had a lot young British players who had a passion and desire to win for Manu U

Completely agree about Woodward he’s absolutely class at getting in the big commercial deals/sponsorships but clueless when it comes to closing deals for players.

In mourhinos defence normally we would have won the league last season but city were on a different level (still the football we played was woeful).

If Giggs took over and it went well that’d be a dream but if it went bad for him it’d be another kick in the teeth for us watching one of our legends fail.

I think Zidane won the league in his first season and then to win the champions league 3 times in a row whilst keeping all of his superstar players motivated and hungry is class. Yes he had a world class team but a lot of managers have world class teams and fail, I think he’d be perfect for us.

Hoping I wake up to the news that Jose’s got the sack
emoji1374.png

Ah yes you’re right, he did win a league. Hmm maybe it is time for Zidane to do it at another club. Just hope whoever next gets the same time if not longer. 

I study cycles and man u cycle was one of the longest I know in football. After Sir Alex no one could keep the cycle going, it had to end. Now that its ended and on a downward slope, I don't think anyone will make any difference and they will follow what happened to Liverpool. You may own the richest club in the world and wonder why its all going wrong but in the end it all comes down to cycles. The special one will be away fairly soon but who will make a difference? I don't think anyone will. Arsenal should in my view come good in the next 5yrs if they slowly build a gelling team.

I study cycles and man u cycle was one of the longest I know in football. After Sir Alex no one could keep the cycle going, it had to end. Now that its ended and on a downward slope, I don't think anyone will make any difference and they will follow what happened to Liverpool. You may own the richest club in the world and wonder why its all going wrong but in the end it all comes down to cycles. The special one will be away fairly soon but who will make a difference? I don't think anyone will. Arsenal should in my view come good in the next 5yrs if they slowly build a gelling team.
I hope you’re right about arsenal! I’m quietly confident about them however they beed to show muscle against the big clubs which has been a weak spot in recent years.
As far as utd go i agree with you. They were shambolic under moyes, then lvg, now on to the mourinho era, still having a tough time of things. The times have changed and so have players, and the game. How many seasons can they carry on spending big when they’re not winning big is what i’m wondering.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Man city and man u are like opposite ends of a see-saw. When one goes up the other goes down. Good read is the Dennis law story when his goal relegated his old team Man u but it didn't really matter so they say. 

Can’t believe giggs is being mentioned. 

United are the biggest club on earth (financially and fan base) why would they risk a bloke with zero management experience.

Plus his brother should of hospitalised him for what he did.

Anyway never mind United, Millwall are second bottom ???

Can’t believe giggs is being mentioned. 

United are the biggest club on earth (financially and fan base) why would they risk a bloke with zero management experience.

Plus his brother should of hospitalised him for what he did.

Anyway never mind United, Millwall are second bottom ???
But if we’re basing it on managerial experience, then Mourinho is the best around! (4 different leagues, 20 trophies etc) but obviously he’s not currently the best, not for the biggest club on earth as you say. 

Im so pleased Utd won against Newcastle, but paper over the cracks. Most of us are expecting to lose at Stamford bridge in 2 weeks. And if it’s a heavy defeat then which it easily could be if Mourinho get its wrong tactically, then all the talk about sacking will be back.

A senior & balanced director of football definitely needed, along with a young fresh attacking manager. A lot of the whispers are Zidane doesn’t want the Utd job. I would take Giggs next summer if he continues to get good result with Wales.

As I’ve said, even if results didn’t change, it would be an amazing feel good feeling, playing attacking football, and I don’t think giggs could ever turn the media against the club and embarrass the club at times. Also he’s a living legend at the club still highly respected, there wouldn’t be any childish politics between management & board. We’ve tried two Big ‘experienced’ names in a row trying to buy instant success. I don’t see a third doing it that way.

That’s my view. But hey what do? I’m just a poxey window cleaner.

And yes I’m surprised with Millwall, I did a league prediction in the championship at the start of the season, I was maybe being optimistic, but I had them finishing 6th!

The real living legend at Man Utd Is Bobby Charlton, a greater player than Rooney or Giggs......and he wasn,t a very good Manager when he had a go at it.

Latest Posts

Back