Jump to content






Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic


chris clean

Window Cleaning warehouse won't bother again

Recommended Posts

chris clean

Well I have seen many negative comments about window cleaning warehouse on but have never used them so thought I would get a quote for some packages systems Im looking into. Money I'm looking at would be 5k plus so you would think they may be interested. Well  2 weeks later after chasing them up the quote I was going to get over the phone the next day still hasn't come. Other companies like grippa, cleaning warehouse send into over straight away. Won't waste my time trying to get anything from there especially expensive kit!

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer

I think the trouble with a lot of these suppliers is they are that busy, due to the massive influx of new WFP's, they can't cope. 

Share this post


Link to post
chris clean
Just now, Part Timer said:

I think the trouble with a lot of these suppliers is they are that busy, due to the massive influx of new WFP's, they can't cope. 

You may well be right mate but if that's the case it's awful management as everyone else I buy off or go to for quotes get back to you promptly. 

Share this post


Link to post

Advertisement


 
Guest

I asked WCW about products they sell and they were vague, didn’t come across like they knew what they were selling

Share this post


Link to post
vito61

I've found them to be ok.  Good deals at the recent Warwickshire show.

Although I find their website a bit vague and lacking in detail.  Even on high end items.  Compare their info on poles with Gardiners info and they're not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Stephen Fox
23 hours ago, chris clean said:

Well I have seen many negative comments about window cleaning warehouse on but have never used them so thought I would get a quote for some packages systems Im looking into. Money I'm looking at would be 5k plus so you would think they may be interested. Well  2 weeks later after chasing them up the quote I was going to get over the phone the next day still hasn't come. Other companies like grippa, cleaning warehouse send into over straight away. Won't waste my time trying to get anything from there especially expensive kit!

 

 Sorry to hear this Chris, if you can provide any details I can chase this up, if you are still interested of course. Our sales team is usually on point with any quotes, so this is definitely not the norm.

9 hours ago, smithy78 said:

Customer service is very poor at WCW in my experience. I only order from Gardiner's now.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
 

 

Smithy, again sorry to hear you've had any bad service, please provide details and I can look into it. Please email fox@windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Stephen Fox
7 hours ago, LAMS said:

I asked WCW about products they sell and they were vague, didn’t come across like they knew what they were selling

 

LAMS,  which products were you asking about? Our phone sales team are pretty up to date with most products and can get back to you if they don't have the exact info to hand. If there are specifics I can pass this over to the team future reference.

Share this post


Link to post
kevinc250

Stephen fox,you might need to re-align your settings on this forum, its just a suggestion as you are part of wcw/phoenix etc,so it would be more prudent to say you are a supplier

Share this post


Link to post
chris clean
11 hours ago, Stephen Fox said:

 

 Sorry to hear this Chris, if you can provide any details I can chase this up, if you are still interested of course. Our sales team is usually on point with any quotes, so this is definitely not the norm.

 

Smithy, again sorry to hear you've had any bad service, please provide details and I can look into it. Please email fox@windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk

Thanks Stephen but don't worry now I will be taking one of the other packages I was quoted for by one of the others. When I'm using suppliers I like to know like gardiners/grippa/cleaning warehouse etc if you have any after sales issues they will sort it out asap. If a company even when chased and chased can't be bothered to call you back with the quote after taking all your information on what you need I wouldn't have any faith in needing them in the future. Also speaking to window cleaners in my area and the lads on here many people seem to find the same with this company so I gave it a chancchance but won't bother again

Share this post


Link to post
Stephen Fox

 

13 hours ago, kevinc250 said:

Stephen fox,you might need to re-align your settings on this forum, its just a suggestion as you are part of wcw/phoenix etc,so it would be more prudent to say you are a supplier

 

Kevin, noted. 

Share this post


Link to post

Advertisement


 
AJ Fry

Yeah, I've just had a very mixed experience with them myself. So many problems with missing parts and damaged products it took weeks to all get sorted out. However i would say i think their after sales service is decent. Theres always someone helpful on the end of the phone and they did sort it all out giving me £100 voucher for the inconvenience caused. Would i use them again? Only because they've been good sorting out the problems I probably would give them another chance. However if you wave a £5,000 carrot under there noses and they can't even get back with a quote, thats a red flag for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
♠Winp®oClean♠

Never had a problem with any order however the team are pretty clueless in regards to answering questions about products- never had a correct answer from them yet, not even once!!🙄😆

Share this post


Link to post
Incheck

I use WCW because it’s local to us, not more than 10 miles down the road, i can pop down and grab whatever i need. I do phone in advance and they let me know if they have items in stock. Its still a 2 hour round journey there and back though as the traffic congestion is horrendous at any time of day, so sometimes i’ve opted for deliveries.

In store service is brilliant, the staff are really helpful, after sales help and technical problems also very good. Faulty equipment has been exchanged promptly and they will even carry out repairs & maintenance.

I have had problems with deliveries, a wagtail squeegee i ordered was missing a part, luckily i took a part off an older wagtail i had and made the new one a “whole” item. there was also a lengthy delay on other items that arrived way beyond the scheduled date, this was down to the courier, as they had “staffing problems”, so it was sat in the couriers depot for about 4 days.

These are the risks we take when ordering from anybody online though, it will never beat face to face service in person.

When an item is in front of you on a counter, you glance it over, pay your money, check your list, make sure you’ve got everything, job done, in the back of the van and off you go. With deliveries & online orders it brings more variables in to play & anything can happen, so it could simply be better to use a supplier that’s local to you.

 

I’m looking to upgrade my skyvac at some point to an industrial model. When ordering high value items especially, i would much rather travel 50 or even 100 miles to buy it “in person” rather than order it online. That way also you know exactly where you got it from, you get your receipt, and can walk in through their door with your receipt should you have any after sales issues.

I really wouldn’t like the idea of ordering a 2 grand item online from some company 100’s of miles away, its a lot of money to hand over.

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Shaw

I’ve never had that much from them apart from their rubber and the odd bit of trad stuff but when I have it’s been bang on. You find that a lot of company’s have staff working for them that no nothing about what they are selling. It’s wrong but that’s just the way it is. Personally I wouldn’t be handing anyone 5 grand for a wfp setup.


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
TJTOPCAT

The clue is in the name, it's a warehouse of window cleaning equipment.
You order, they stick it in a box and send it out.
They put a few arty pics up on social media, while having a jolly.
It's not the place to go to spend big bucks on bespoke systems.
I was absolutely gob smacked that a representative of wcw replied to your message on a window cleaning forum and after 2 weeks from your initial enquiry, talk about how not to do your company any favours, scraping the barrel on customer service.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Stephen Fox
18 hours ago, TJTOPCAT said:

The clue is in the name, it's a warehouse of window cleaning equipment.
You order, they stick it in a box and send it out.
They put a few arty pics up on social media, while having a jolly.
It's not the place to go to spend big bucks on bespoke systems.
I was absolutely gob smacked that a representative of wcw replied to your message on a window cleaning forum and after 2 weeks from your initial enquiry, talk about how not to do your company any favours, scraping the barrel on customer service.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
 

 

TJTOPCAT, 

 

Just to clarify. WCW is made up of many different departments. The Manufacturing side (FaceLift) has 7+ full-time employees alone providing and fitting van systems for the largest fleets across the UK, Warehouse/Shipping has even more. You are correct about the enquiry, as it was only brought to our attention on this forum as we have no record of enquires that haven't been fully dealt with. Basically trying to get to the bottom of it...

Edited by Stephen Fox

Share this post


Link to post
chris clean
1 hour ago, Stephen Fox said:

 

TJTOPCAT, 

 

Just to clarify. WCW is made up of many different departments. The Manufacturing side (FaceLift) has 7+ full-time employees alone providing and fitting van systems for the largest fleets across the UK, Warehouse/Shipping has even more. You are correct about the enquiry, as it was only brought to our attention on this forum as we have no record of enquires that haven't been fully dealt with. Basically trying to get to the bottom of it...

Stephen this is what I find strange! I spent 20 mins with a member of your team on phone answering questions on what I need from a facelift system and also if i went down lease van route what company you used for the lease etc. Every time i chased up the person on end says yeah your enquiry is being dealt with or you will get a call back which never comes! Then as soon as it's commented on this forum wcw had no record of any uncompleted enquires! 

Any way this is just my experience of this supplier but clear I'm not the only one to be a bit disapointed

Share this post


Link to post
vito61

Poor old WCW!

 

Really getting a hammering.

 

Personally speaking, I've found them most helpful with phone queries.  Sorting me out with a broken hose reel handle, advice on water purity etc.

 

They were particularly helpful when I set up in the first place with my RO system, tanks, poles, pumps etc.  Lots of chats and email exchanges.

 

I was negotiating with another company as well at that time.  As we are naming names, it was Cleaning Spot.  Back then I was going to place an initial order for my set up to the value of approx £1800.  However I couldn't get straight answers or anybody really prepared to chat to for help.  I had actually phoned to place the order but no one could take my call (language difficulty) so I gave up and went to WCW.

 

Cleaning Spot, and in my experience, Gardiner as well, rely to much on the tinternet and don't want to "talk" to people. 

 

WCW I've found to be ok.  Prompt delivery and service, goods as ordered.

Share this post


Link to post

Advertisement


 
Daniel Perkins

I order alot from wcw to be honest and their delivery is very fast and efficient. I did enquire about van system through email and Facebook to no reply.

 

It did make me think spending big money like that, getting it delivered here to Ireland... if something went wrong I don't think I would fancy my chances getting in contact to get it sorted.

 

Anyways to provide some balance their delivery speed is excellent, customer service though could be improved and I'm sure it will. Also never had an issue with any of the stuff I ordered over the years.

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning

Wow wcw are really getting the figurative cabbage thrown at them!

i can only ever speak as I find, and I’ve never really had a problem with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Stephen Fox

While this whole thread is far from ideal, I would personally prefer it to be dealing with potential customers not receiving quotes, over actual customers having spent money not receiving great service and backup.

 

I know personally of staff going above and beyond to make sure after sales is a priority, If anyone does have an issue please contact me personally at fox@wcw.online so we get issues sorted ASAP.

 

As business owners yourselves, you all know how important it is to make sure you provide the best service possible. I think that is what we all strive to do.

Share this post


Link to post
AJ Fry

Yeah as mentioned, although i had several problems with the products that came out to me, parts missing and or damaged. Whenever i called which was numerous times, somebody always picked up straight away and tried to help, not waiting for days for someone to reply to an email. The damaged goods also got replaced as soon as possible with no problem at all even though it was just outside the refund period. And as i mentioned was given £100 to spend with them. 

 

Now I currently run a bathroom install business and deal with these sorts of problems all the time in the age of customers trying to find a bargain online then having to deal with their aftersales when things are damaged etc. And to be fair to WCW the after sales I've received from them is as good as any I've dealt with. For that reason alone they are worth consideration

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
13 hours ago, vito61 said:

Poor old WCW!

 

Really getting a hammering.

 

Personally speaking, I've found them most helpful with phone queries.  Sorting me out with a broken hose reel handle, advice on water purity etc.

 

They were particularly helpful when I set up in the first place with my RO system, tanks, poles, pumps etc.  Lots of chats and email exchanges.

 

I was negotiating with another company as well at that time.  As we are naming names, it was Cleaning Spot.  Back then I was going to place an initial order for my set up to the value of approx £1800.  However I couldn't get straight answers or anybody really prepared to chat to for help.  I had actually phoned to place the order but no one could take my call (language difficulty) so I gave up and went to WCW.

 

Cleaning Spot, and in my experience, Gardiner as well, rely to much on the tinternet and don't want to "talk" to people. 

 

WCW I've found to be ok.  Prompt delivery and service, goods as ordered.

Agree with this. Although this forum has a love fest with gardiners, and I get all my stuff from them, it does infuriate me that, sometimes when you want to talk to someone, nobody ever answers your call.

It’s straight to answerphone and most of the time you don’t get a call back until around 4-5 hours later.

Yes, I know I can e. Mail them (before the unhelpful sarcasm starts), but sometimes you need something quick, or handy advice.

This is where I will turn to Varitech.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Advertisement


 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.