Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning warehouse won't bother again

chris clean

Well I have seen many negative comments about window cleaning warehouse on but have never used them so thought I would get a quote for some packages systems Im looking into. Money I'm looking at would be 5k plus so you would think they may be interested. Well  2 weeks later after chasing them up the quote I was going to get over the phone the next day still hasn't come. Other companies like grippa, cleaning warehouse send into over straight away. Won't waste my time trying to get anything from there especially expensive kit!

I think the trouble with a lot of these suppliers is they are that busy, due to the massive influx of new WFP's, they can't cope. 
You may well be right mate but if that's the case it's awful management as everyone else I buy off or go to for quotes get back to you promptly. 

I asked WCW about products they sell and they were vague, didn’t come across like they knew what they were selling

I've found them to be ok.  Good deals at the recent Warwickshire show.

Although I find their website a bit vague and lacking in detail.  Even on high end items.  Compare their info on poles with Gardiners info and they're not even close.

Well I have seen many negative comments about window cleaning warehouse on but have never used them so thought I would get a quote for some packages systems Im looking into. Money I'm looking at would be 5k plus so you would think they may be interested. Well  2 weeks later after chasing them up the quote I was going to get over the phone the next day still hasn't come. Other companies like grippa, cleaning warehouse send into over straight away. Won't waste my time trying to get anything from there especially expensive kit!

Sorry to hear this Chris, if you can provide any details I can chase this up, if you are still interested of course. Our sales team is usually on point with any quotes, so this is definitely not the norm.

Customer service is very poor at WCW in my experience. I only order from Gardiner's now.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Smithy, again sorry to hear you've had any bad service, please provide details and I can look into it. Please email [email protected]

I asked WCW about products they sell and they were vague, didn’t come across like they knew what they were selling

LAMS,  which products were you asking about? Our phone sales team are pretty up to date with most products and can get back to you if they don't have the exact info to hand. If there are specifics I can pass this over to the team future reference.

Sorry to hear this Chris, if you can provide any details I can chase this up, if you are still interested of course. Our sales team is usually on point with any quotes, so this is definitely not the norm.

Smithy, again sorry to hear you've had any bad service, please provide details and I can look into it. Please email [email protected]
Thanks Stephen but don't worry now I will be taking one of the other packages I was quoted for by one of the others. When I'm using suppliers I like to know like gardiners/grippa/cleaning warehouse etc if you have any after sales issues they will sort it out asap. If a company even when chased and chased can't be bothered to call you back with the quote after taking all your information on what you need I wouldn't have any faith in needing them in the future. Also speaking to window cleaners in my area and the lads on here many people seem to find the same with this company so I gave it a chancchance but won't bother again

Yeah, I've just had a very mixed experience with them myself. So many problems with missing parts and damaged products it took weeks to all get sorted out. However i would say i think their after sales service is decent. Theres always someone helpful on the end of the phone and they did sort it all out giving me £100 voucher for the inconvenience caused. Would i use them again? Only because they've been good sorting out the problems I probably would give them another chance. However if you wave a £5,000 carrot under there noses and they can't even get back with a quote, thats a red flag for me. 

I use WCW because it’s local to us, not more than 10 miles down the road, i can pop down and grab whatever i need. I do phone in advance and they let me know if they have items in stock. Its still a 2 hour round journey there and back though as the traffic congestion is horrendous at any time of day, so sometimes i’ve opted for deliveries.

In store service is brilliant, the staff are really helpful, after sales help and technical problems also very good. Faulty equipment has been exchanged promptly and they will even carry out repairs & maintenance.

I have had problems with deliveries, a wagtail squeegee i ordered was missing a part, luckily i took a part off an older wagtail i had and made the new one a “whole” item. there was also a lengthy delay on other items that arrived way beyond the scheduled date, this was down to the courier, as they had “staffing problems”, so it was sat in the couriers depot for about 4 days.

These are the risks we take when ordering from anybody online though, it will never beat face to face service in person.

When an item is in front of you on a counter, you glance it over, pay your money, check your list, make sure you’ve got everything, job done, in the back of the van and off you go. With deliveries & online orders it brings more variables in to play & anything can happen, so it could simply be better to use a supplier that’s local to you.

I’m looking to upgrade my skyvac at some point to an industrial model. When ordering high value items especially, i would much rather travel 50 or even 100 miles to buy it “in person” rather than order it online. That way also you know exactly where you got it from, you get your receipt, and can walk in through their door with your receipt should you have any after sales issues.

I really wouldn’t like the idea of ordering a 2 grand item online from some company 100’s of miles away, its a lot of money to hand over.

I’ve never had that much from them apart from their rubber and the odd bit of trad stuff but when I have it’s been bang on. You find that a lot of company’s have staff working for them that no nothing about what they are selling. It’s wrong but that’s just the way it is. Personally I wouldn’t be handing anyone 5 grand for a wfp setup.

The clue is in the name, it's a warehouse of window cleaning equipment.
You order, they stick it in a box and send it out.
They put a few arty pics up on social media, while having a jolly.
It's not the place to go to spend big bucks on bespoke systems.
I was absolutely gob smacked that a representative of wcw replied to your message on a window cleaning forum and after 2 weeks from your initial enquiry, talk about how not to do your company any favours, scraping the barrel on customer service.

The clue is in the name, it's a warehouse of window cleaning equipment.
You order, they stick it in a box and send it out.
They put a few arty pics up on social media, while having a jolly.
It's not the place to go to spend big bucks on bespoke systems.
I was absolutely gob smacked that a representative of wcw replied to your message on a window cleaning forum and after 2 weeks from your initial enquiry, talk about how not to do your company any favours, scraping the barrel on customer service.

TJTOPCAT, 

Just to clarify. WCW is made up of many different departments. The Manufacturing side (FaceLift) has 7+ full-time employees alone providing and fitting van systems for the largest fleets across the UK, Warehouse/Shipping has even more. You are correct about the enquiry, as it was only brought to our attention on this forum as we have no record of enquires that haven't been fully dealt with. Basically trying to get to the bottom of it...

Last edited by a moderator:
TJTOPCAT, 

Just to clarify. WCW is made up of many different departments. The Manufacturing side (FaceLift) has 7+ full-time employees alone providing and fitting van systems for the largest fleets across the UK, Warehouse/Shipping has even more. You are correct about the enquiry, as it was only brought to our attention on this forum as we have no record of enquires that haven't been fully dealt with. Basically trying to get to the bottom of it...
Stephen this is what I find strange! I spent 20 mins with a member of your team on phone answering questions on what I need from a facelift system and also if i went down lease van route what company you used for the lease etc. Every time i chased up the person on end says yeah your enquiry is being dealt with or you will get a call back which never comes! Then as soon as it's commented on this forum wcw had no record of any uncompleted enquires! 

Any way this is just my experience of this supplier but clear I'm not the only one to be a bit disapointed

Poor old WCW!

Really getting a hammering.

Personally speaking, I've found them most helpful with phone queries.  Sorting me out with a broken hose reel handle, advice on water purity etc.

They were particularly helpful when I set up in the first place with my RO system, tanks, poles, pumps etc.  Lots of chats and email exchanges.

I was negotiating with another company as well at that time.  As we are naming names, it was Cleaning Spot.  Back then I was going to place an initial order for my set up to the value of approx £1800.  However I couldn't get straight answers or anybody really prepared to chat to for help.  I had actually phoned to place the order but no one could take my call (language difficulty) so I gave up and went to WCW.

Cleaning Spot, and in my experience, Gardiner as well, rely to much on the tinternet and don't want to "talk" to people. 

WCW I've found to be ok.  Prompt delivery and service, goods as ordered.

I order alot from wcw to be honest and their delivery is very fast and efficient. I did enquire about van system through email and Facebook to no reply.

It did make me think spending big money like that, getting it delivered here to Ireland... if something went wrong I don't think I would fancy my chances getting in contact to get it sorted.

Anyways to provide some balance their delivery speed is excellent, customer service though could be improved and I'm sure it will. Also never had an issue with any of the stuff I ordered over the years.

Wow wcw are really getting the figurative cabbage thrown at them!

i can only ever speak as I find, and I’ve never really had a problem with them. 

Back