Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public liability insurance....

I use A-Plan and no you don't. Just make sure whoever you use actually insure you for the job you're working on. Majority don't so if you're blamed for scratching the glass, you won't be able to let the insurance sort it out. 

My renewal for £1 million was £63 but I wanted £5 million so it was £83 with A-Plan for basic cover. Don't need £5 million but will need it if I do work in commercial business. All my insurance is now with A-Plan because they are fast and good to work with but I haven't needed to claim yet. Me being a joiner, if I scratch any glass, then I will just buy the unit myself and replace it. Much more careful when cleaning large units which can cost £500.

Typically £5 million and above for schools and local authority buildings I use Gleaming Insurance which is a lot more expensive @ £25 a month but covers damage to item been worked on. 

Latest Posts

Back