Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Dabber

Protektakote Timescales

Dabber

Hi

so over the weekend I’ve put two coats of Protektakote iinside my Peugeot Partner van.Im having a grippatank 400 litre tank installed in two weeks.I need to use the van tomorrow.Whats the best way to protect the floor whilst the paint cures ?

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Dabber

spruce
2 hours ago, Dabber said:

Hi

so over the weekend I’ve put two coats of Protektakote iinside my Peugeot Partner van.Im having a grippatank 400 litre tank installed in two weeks.I need to use the van tomorrow.Whats the best way to protect the floor whilst the paint cures ?

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Dabber

Not use it.

The paint needs a while to cure. It will take longer in cooler weather. If you use it then you will have the stuff you put inside it stick to the floor and damage the hard work you have done. In all honesty, if you need a van tomorrow then I would suggest you hire one for the day.

Dabber

Thought that might be the best thing,

Tahnks

Dabber

Advertisement

steve garwood

Agree with spruce and you shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’,  👍👍

dmw

When I protectacoted mine one February weekend. I gave it two coats, one on Saturday and one coat on Sunday, I just left an oil filled radiator over the weekend and it was back in service on Monday. I think the heat speeded up the curing process.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

Dabber

So sorry about my grammar😀

Thanks everyone for your help.

cheers

Dabber

Iron Giant

The smell will be quite strong for days yet and it might take till Friday for it to fully cure. I painted the lower half of my shed with garage floor paint in the heatwave we had and it took a few days to fully cure.

County Durham Lad