Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Reach For The Glass

A little help and advice appreciated please!

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys.

As of next year I’m hoping to add pressure washing and soft washing too the tool bag.

firstly though I’d like to clean my own roof on my house, can anyone help me out by pointing me in the right direction of how to do this properly.

roof is quite large, has moss , white litchen spots ( quite a few) and yellow algae??

so what 

tools are best?

chems?

access?

safety? 

Process of cleaning.

thanks a lot guys really would love to do my own place. Cheers

95EBB24F-B8DA-4721-B14F-F827FDF1A1EC.jpeg

1C218A06-7A2F-4994-9EEA-F1C63A702D68.jpeg

Pjj

I have been doing softwashing for around 10 years and thought I knew what I was doing , i went on a course last week to learn from the professionals , my best bit of advice is get yourself on a course it’s well worth the money and you will learn a lot , there is so many conflicting stories about softwashing and how to do it , you do need to know what you are doing for your safety and people around you , dont want to get into trouble for recommending a company but Darran smith at purple rhino and his team are very knowledgeable and helpful . It’s difficult to tell someone on hear in a few sentences how to do it properly and safely so I won’t evan try but it is a simple enough job to do but you need to be able to identify the contaminant know what’s best to use on it and how to treat it . YouTube has some good videos but you cannot believe all you see on there as fact . Your roof isn’t a job for an amateur it’s high awkward angles and quite big you need to start with much smaller easier jobs to get experience 

Edited by Pjj

Advertisement

Terzian

Hi pjj can you recommend any good courses to learn about this?

Thanks

Pjj
On 03/10/2018 at 06:56, Terzian said:

Hi pjj can you recommend any good courses to learn about this?

Thanks

As in my first post Darran at purple rhino is very good I went on a course with him last week was very informative no hard sell they were very helpful give him a call , it was a very relaxed attitude conducive with learning , you can ask any questions without looking or being made to look a fool I would thoroughly recomend it 

Terzian

Hi pjj

Thanks for that.