Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Christmas Shut Down

DJT

Hi Guys,

So this will be my first winter/christmas doing windows full time. Just asking peoples thoughts on how to deal with the holiday period. Do people find that there is a rush or a lull or just business as usual? Just wondering what to expect really. I am 99% residential . 

Cheers for your advice

Dan

We generally work up to Christmas Eve then finish untill about 5 th of January , leading up to Christmas if ones have family coming to stay sometimes they want extra jobs doing , but it can also work the other way they might be going away so not want you there 

I usually work up until the week before Xmas. Then I take about a couple weeks off. However I also play in a band so I'm still working to some capacity over the holidays just not on the windows. 

If anyone bangs on about the C word I am going to lock this thread
emoji23.png

County Durham Lad

I work till all jobs done, usually finish day before Christmas Eve, then I go on the drink  :dancingparty:

I work as much as poss, I don’t work any of the eves, but depending which days of the week the Xmas & new year fall, I normally do a day or two in between.

I get asked to do a few extra internal windows I normally find in December. Had 2 or 3 already mention it actually. Still in September!!!

I've always taken two weeks off over Xmas and move all my schedules forward by two weeks - never had any complaints about this (99% of my work is domestic).

We usually stop about the 15th december, last year the weather before christmas was pretty rough and i went on in to the following week, maybe the 18th or something. But yeah, as a rule the 15th, then back on 2nd Jan or whenever the weather allows. I swear the first week of january there’s usually a storm or some major freeze up, so usually end up going back around the 4th or 5th.
This gives me 10 days to do the last of the christmas shopping, the food shop, the wrapping, the putting up of the tree and decorations, + chill out with little un and watch movies.
That being said its our main holiday. We work right through the year from january - christmas, we have bank holiday mondays off and a long weekend here and there, but nothing of significant length.
100% residential also

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I work as much as poss, I don’t work any of the eves, but depending which days of the week the Xmas & new year fall, I normally do a day or two in between.

I get asked to do a few extra internal windows I normally find in December. Had 2 or 3 already mention it actually. Still in September!!!
I don’t because I have a social life ?

Thanks for the reply's chaps.

I didn't want to use the "C" word this early but just looking ahead and planning! Didn't know whether Customers put of cleans or if it was business as usual. seems that business as usual it is which is great! 

I've always taken two weeks off over Xmas and move all my schedules forward by two weeks - never had any complaints about this (99% of my work is domestic).

This is exactly what I do. Will finish Friday 21.
Then back too it Monday Jan 7th.

Have a few weeklys, last year just told them we shut for those weeks, they were fine with it. You run the business, business doesn’t run you. What ever works for you.

I will work Christmas Eve morning and be back in work day after boxing day. There was a time when I worked away throughout Christmas so it's not bad for me. Nothing worse than flying to work Xmas Eve for three weeks straight work.. Glad those days are over..

Shut down over Christmas!!!!

I will watch my kids open there presents.
Then back to work just another day.
Bah humbug [emoji318]!!

Only joking I loves it.![emoji318][emoji482][emoji319][emoji320]
Finish up the day before the kids break up from school.
Then back to work when there back in school .

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back