Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Carts69

Di vessel drip drip drip

Carts69

As title explains, my static Di vessel joints are constantly dripping whilst in use, I’ve change the hozelock ends to a different type but to no avail, the drip is coming from the connection between the hozelock & the piece it clicks onto, any ideas how to cure this? Cheers

ppads52

Mine done exactly the same ( double di vessels) I changed the connectors on the vessels to metal ones, perfect now.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Carts69
2 hours ago, ppads52 said:

Mine done exactly the same ( double di vessels) I changed the connectors on the vessels to metal ones, perfect now.

Oh ok... I’ll try that, thanks ppads

Advertisement

mufcglen

i got rid of all my hozelock connections for john guest push fittings, miles better and never had any drips or leaks since!

jack b
3 hours ago, mufcglen said:

i got rid of all my hozelock connections for john guest push fittings, miles better and never had any drips or leaks since!

What size are the john guest fittings pls Mufcglen...surely they would be massive. Isn;t the hozelock connector to the DI vessel something like 3/4 inch ?

mufcglen

Mine are all 1/2 pal around the 4040 but the fittings to the di bottle have reducer from 3/4 to 1/2 then I can fit the same fittings and pipe all round, all John guest push fit I really recommend it you’ll never have a weeping joint again😉

P4dstar
3 hours ago, jack b said:

What size are the john guest fittings pls Mufcglen...surely they would be massive. Isn;t the hozelock connector to the DI vessel something like 3/4 inch ?

I got these mate;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/de-ionisation/3-4-taper-thread-fitting-kit-for-di-pressure-vessel-john-guest-1-2-tube.html

Just change your hose for john guest where you can. Lots of PTFE and these will sort you out.

Sintesi

You can use washing machine hoses to connect the two Di vessels.The 3/4 inch bsp connections are the same as hoselock type bin tap connections

You can use washing machine hoses to connect the two Di vessels.The 3/4 inch bsp connections are the same as hoselock type bin tap connections

Bib tap rather

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Pjj
On 30/09/2018 at 16:51, Carts69 said:

As title explains, my static Di vessel joints are constantly dripping whilst in use, I’ve change the hozelock ends to a different type but to no avail, the drip is coming from the connection between the hozelock & the piece it clicks onto, any ideas how to cure this? Cheers

Sounds like the black o ring on the male fitting needs replacing they do go hard with age try new ones they only cost pence