Jump to content






Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic


Carts69

Di vessel drip drip drip

Recommended Posts

Carts69

As title explains, my static Di vessel joints are constantly dripping whilst in use, I’ve change the hozelock ends to a different type but to no avail, the drip is coming from the connection between the hozelock & the piece it clicks onto, any ideas how to cure this? Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
ppads52

Mine done exactly the same ( double di vessels) I changed the connectors on the vessels to metal ones, perfect now.


Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
2 hours ago, ppads52 said:

Mine done exactly the same ( double di vessels) I changed the connectors on the vessels to metal ones, perfect now.


Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Oh ok... I’ll try that, thanks ppads

Share this post


Link to post

Advertisement


 
mufcglen

i got rid of all my hozelock connections for john guest push fittings, miles better and never had any drips or leaks since!

Share this post


Link to post
jack b
3 hours ago, mufcglen said:

i got rid of all my hozelock connections for john guest push fittings, miles better and never had any drips or leaks since!

What size are the john guest fittings pls Mufcglen...surely they would be massive. Isn;t the hozelock connector to the DI vessel something like 3/4 inch ?

Share this post


Link to post
mufcglen

Mine are all 1/2 pal around the 4040 but the fittings to the di bottle have reducer from 3/4 to 1/2 then I can fit the same fittings and pipe all round, all John guest push fit I really recommend it you’ll never have a weeping joint again😉

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
3 hours ago, jack b said:

What size are the john guest fittings pls Mufcglen...surely they would be massive. Isn;t the hozelock connector to the DI vessel something like 3/4 inch ?

I got these mate;

 

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/de-ionisation/3-4-taper-thread-fitting-kit-for-di-pressure-vessel-john-guest-1-2-tube.html

 

Just change your hose for john guest where you can. Lots of PTFE and these will sort you out.

Share this post


Link to post
Sintesi

You can use washing machine hoses to connect the two Di vessels.The 3/4 inch bsp connections are the same as hoselock type bin tap connections


Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

You can use washing machine hoses to connect the two Di vessels.The 3/4 inch bsp connections are the same as hoselock type bin tap connections


Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Bib tap rather


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
On 30/09/2018 at 16:51, Carts69 said:

As title explains, my static Di vessel joints are constantly dripping whilst in use, I’ve change the hozelock ends to a different type but to no avail, the drip is coming from the connection between the hozelock & the piece it clicks onto, any ideas how to cure this? Cheers

 

 

Sounds like the black o ring on the male fitting needs replacing they do go hard with age try new ones they only cost pence 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.