Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Uni Valve O Ring Size?

G

Looking for Uni Valve parts and can’t find them anywhere...

I hope Exceed are not expecting us to buy a new unit once it starts leaking?!

Does anyone know what size it uses as mine is leaking?

Looking for Uni Valve parts and can’t find them anywhere...

I hope Exceed are not expecting us to buy a new unit once it starts leaking?!

Does anyone know what size it uses as mine is leaking?

Those internal O Rings are a special size which aren't available off the shelf anywhere. I lubricated mine with Petroleum jelly about a year after I bought it. It was leaking slightly and lubricating it sorted the problem out.

I don't know whether this O Ring size (diameter) material is available in a length so you could make your own O Ring. In all due honesty, my first Univalve has lasted 2 years and when it stopped working it was the tiny sealing O ring at the on/off side of the valve that had come off. I put it back on and the valve works again. I might get a spot of Super glue to stick it to its retainer to be sure. So to spend £35 for 2 years of service is OK by me. Its paid for itself many times over in saved water and convenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how do you go about lubricating the univalve?

Do you have to take the univalve apart?

If so how do you get it apart without breaking it?

Hold the main body of the UV in one hand and using a pair of pliers, grip the cap just above the moving hosetail and twist it anticlockwise in relation to the main body of the device. This will release the little plastic parts that hold it together. Then you can pull it apart. Do so carefully so you can see how it fits together and works.

Hold the main body of the UV in one hand and using a pair of pliers, grip the cap just above the moving hosetail and twist it anticlockwise in relation to the main body of the device. This will release the little plastic parts that hold it together. Then you can pull it apart. Do so carefully so you can see how it fits together and works.

Thanks

I noticed mine leaking a little today. Noting much but definitely a little water comming out the bottom of it, so looks like I'll be taking mine apart shortly too

Back