Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A Pane In The Glass

I want my pole work to be a lot neater n tidier.

I use my attachments on pole, so applicator first thrn swap to squeegee then up again with an ungar microfiber to make sure I get drips from top of glass.

There must be a better and easier way.

Please feel free to post images of what I can use.

I hate using my pole anyway but sometimes needs must.

My above method is even worse when sun is out that I won't even attempt to pole incase of smearing

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use the moerman fliq and find it fine without drying off .

Saw a guy in YouTube that attaches a sort of y tee on the pole and have a scrim wrapped around it to detail the top edge .

I want my pole work to be a lot neater n tidier.

I use my attachments on pole, so applicator first thrn swap to squeegee then up again with an ungar microfiber to make sure I get drips from top of glass.

There must be a better and easier way.

Please feel free to post images of what I can use.

I hate using my pole anyway but sometimes needs must.

My above method is even worse when sun is out that I won't even attempt to pole incase of smearing

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Working in the sun can be tricky for a good finish sometimes. Are you putting too much detergent in by any chance? Will dry quicker and more suds will accumulate on the edges meaning more cloth work. I always go across the top of the frame working from left to right, means no (most of the time) drag marks, it's only when I get to the left side I have to pull down straight. Even when I do I rest rubber against the glass and rub up and down a bit to get excess off before a straight pull. Describing it in words is kinda hard actually.

I used a big squeegee and if there are awkward edges that catch water or detergent, going across it with a cloth isn't an issue for me as I have saved time with the large sqeegee previously. That's for commercial work anyways but I suspect you are talking about domestic stuff, if you are wfp is your best bet to avoid those marks, especially in the sun. I've used the Moerman Fliq and it is the best bet but nowhere near as easy as wfp for domestic work IMO.

Traditionally speaking, If I come to a window takes baking in the sun, I will just do diagonal swipes as turning the rubber on boiling hot glass is a sure way to get those streaks. I have one restaurant that is a nightmare for it. There is no easy way with pole work really, any work above the shoulder line is tough unfortunately & with our work involving detailing.... even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back