Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

P4dstar

Cheap Automatic Pumping Nozzle

P4dstar

When I bought the nozzle for my transfer pump I didn't realise it would be a manual one. Found a workaround to make it into an automatic one for a fraction of the cost 😂

CXRhMjA+TFK7Tg%9Fp7WGA.jpg

spruce
30 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

You've been reading too many @spruceposts 😁

The thing is that I would just stand there and hold the nozzle open until the tank was full. I'm too easily distracted these days. If I start to do something else quickly away from the van I tend to forget about the tank filling up. 😂

The other side to this 'coin' is that our neighbour always seems to appear for a chat across the fence a few moments before the tank is nearly full and I need to run back to the garage to switch the transfer pump off. 

Either senario doesn't always end well. Filling up my tank these days has become so complicated.😂 I don't recommend this old age malarky to anyone.

Advertisement

Nudel

Auto shut-off is the way to go guys. I just hook my van up to water and power, flip  a switch and forget about it. Piece of doodle to install if you use your leisure battery for it.

P4dstar
7 hours ago, Nudel said:

Auto shut-off is the way to go guys. I just hook my van up to water and power, flip  a switch and forget about it. Piece of doodle to install if you use your leisure battery for it.

Come on dude, I've only just mastered my DIY bungee strap jobby, sounds far too complicated 😂

Marko067

I used one of those to fill my barrels for a while. Problem was every time I let go the trigger the sudden back pressure blew the hose of the pump and I had to keep refitting it. Once I got that sorted it kept plitting the hose I was using. Right pain it was. Ended up just fitting a 25mm tap in the end of the hose. because it doesn't close with the same suddenness of the trigger it solved the problem. I have sourced a much better hose now but can't be bothered putting the trigger back on. The 25mm tap below works just fine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexible-Pond-Hose-Pipe-Fittings-Joiner-90-Tee-Reducer-Valve-Tap/142401450702?hash=item2127c9b2ce:m:mfXzCWIHmeYo7zRrCx1QCTw