Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

longest you've left heater in van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Thing is, Ive got to move in about a month, and the set up will be awkward regarding extension lead to heater in van. At mo park on drive, alls easy, but the new place is first come first served for parking.Wonder if any on here never use heater and just risk the ice. I mean can drain pump and cover with old quilt. Guess the hose reel would be ok? I take pole in but dont want to lug heavy reel across car park if can help it. Hopefully be a mild winter but cant bank on it.

Cheers all

kev.

Yes as title suggests I did also wonder if any of you ever had to leave a heater on in van for days and days when the weather doesnt improve.

Thing is, Ive got to move in about a month, and the set up will be awkward regarding extension lead to heater in van. At mo park on drive, alls easy, but the new place is first come first served for parking.Wonder if any on here never use heater and just risk the ice. I mean can drain pump and cover with old quilt. Guess the hose reel would be ok? I take pole in but dont want to lug heavy reel across car park if can help it. Hopefully be a mild winter but cant bank on it.

Cheers all

kev.

Yes as title suggests I did also wonder if any of you ever had to leave a heater on in van for days and days when the weather doesnt improve.
A few years ago we had that bad winter. We managed to do a couple of shop fronts so we used the van. Other than that the van sat with a heater inside it for 6 weeks. It was on Frostat so just switched on and off as the temperature fluctuated. I have an external transfer pump so I drained that down but the water in the transfer hose froze solid in the pipe in the garage.

Never had any ice in the van. Son's van had a little water in the tank. We drained the pump down and let his van freeze up. The 2" of water in the bottom of the tank completely froze up.

A local windie parks his van on the street well away from his house. He has always drained his pumps down each night and never had a problem getting to work the next morning.

Thats  good to know, I will drain it out/tip the filter water out once the frosts come. Was quite a few last year, more than usual I think.

Latest Posts

Back