Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery not charging

DJT

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a van as going to go full time. Im really keen on 350l setups but I'm worried that in a years time ill be wanting / needing more water so also looking at 500l. 

What have others done? Upgraded when needed or go bigger to future proof your work load? 

Cheers for all the help.

Dan. 

IMHO go for a 500 liter to begin with. Some manage with 350l but we found that if you don't have enough water you can't grow your business.

If you plan on 2 cleaners from the same van then you need to look at 650l minimum. That's just my opinion though.

I have a swb Citroen Relay van. My son says I'm an egg for running a big van when his 800LX Berlingo holds a 500 liter tank and does just fine. Its horses for courses.

I had a 400ltr flat thinking I needed it but didn't apart a big school I used to do. I now manage just fine with a 350ltr upright tank and it's very rare it gets near empty and I have close to 400 jobs on my rounds.

If you ain't ever going to employ then IMHO you don't need a 500ltr tank or bigger.

County Durham Lad

If your undecided about employing, you can still go down the 500L route.

If you get a decent sized van, you can always put a trolley in the back as well and still have plenty of room for 25L drums. ?

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a van as going to go full time. Im really keen on 350l setups but I'm worried that in a years time ill be wanting / needing more water so also looking at 500l. 

What have others done? Upgraded when needed or go bigger to future proof your work load? 

Cheers for all the help.

Dan. 
If I was you then I would work out the maximum size tank your van and other equipment will allow comfortably and get that. Just because you have a big tank it doesn’t mean you have to brim it everyday.
From my experience one man doing 100% wfp based on an eight hour day and depending what kind of work he’s doin can easily manage on 350 litres and then again could drain a 650 with ease.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If I was you then I would work out the maximum size tank your van and other equipment will allow comfortably and get that. Just because you have a big tank it doesn’t mean you have to brim it everyday.
From my experience one man doing 100% wfp based on an eight hour day and depending what kind of work he’s doin can easily manage on 350 litres and then again could drain a 650 with ease.

Exactly. There is nothing worse or more frustrating than having no more water left in the tank at 3pm when you still have another couple of hours of good cleaning weather. That was me in the early wfp days.

Exactly. There is nothing worse or more frustrating than having no more water left in the tank at 3pm when you still have another couple of hours of good cleaning weather. That was me in the early wfp days.
I learnt the hard way too. My first set up was a trolley system which I outgrew in no time. Then moved to a 350 litre van mount which was ok at first but even then on some days I found myself offering customers 50% reductions if I could fill up from there property. Not ideal I know but better to lose 50% of one than 100% of many.

I have always been at home well before 5pm as my tea is on the table ?

Sounds like you’ve got her well trained there mate
emoji106.png

Not well trained at all, I am just really lucky and well looked after ?

Back