Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

For the guys running vans/staff

PureShine

If turnover is £1000 per week, bloke on 30 hours per week at £10 an hour. What is the breakdown and potential profit that could come out of it per week?

I dont know the numbers but am hoping some of you guys could break down the reality of what the costings would be

As always, any info much appreciated

There are so many variables, new van, old van, mileage, van insurance, liability insurance, etc. Speak with your Accountant and ask him what NI, pension etc you would have to pay and then calculate the other figures yourself

Holiday pension admin time the fact you would be vat reg it’s slim pickings and your not better off till that second van is fully out grafting

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Thanks for the insight Teaboy. Would you say by the time van 3 is out and full is when things start to change for the better? I understand in the early stages of 1st and 2nd van things would be tight because of advertising costs and all running costs are split across the 2 vans so profit per van would be much lower, whereas if split across more vans it gradually becomes more profitable per van. Iv recently got someone in to work my round to free myself up purely to generate work at a faster rate. I have a long term goal in mind so just trying to work out is it going to reward the effort long term

Biggest change is flexibility but that causes stress don’t forget when you get to 5 staff that’s half a year your paying somebody to be off

You always into an area where sickness/ a bad run can have a drastic effect on your income

When it goes okay and your in a good patch you will make more than most on here and it’s smooth sailing.

As soon as it’s choppy you have a lot more things that can go wrong

Ill be honest this year for me has been the hardest there’s been almost a daily question of am I doing the right thing and should I have stuck to 1 man and a van

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Wow! Half a year is crazy. See in my mind i think well if i have x amount of vans i can rob oeter to pay paul when things get a bit tight, but the half a year type stuff, these are the things i dont realise and that in itself is an eye opener. Quite a scary thought.

I see cashflow as being the biggest problem at the moment even though i dont have multiple vans or mega overheads. Its not doing the value of work needed thats the issue, its the getting paid part thats the pain.

What has made you question yourself? If its a personal thing then i apologise for asking. Have you got multiple vans on the go yourself?

Latest Posts

Back