Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any water beading tips?

noobwc

So not too long ago i posted about starting up well since then all has went smoothly and thanks to all the help people have offered me on here!!!

I have built my own trolley system and been doing my own windows (the worlds most Hydophobic windows) and did a family members windows, i got a lot of water beading up on my own windows and wanted to see if any of you guys had any tips?

I have looked online and people are saying to use a rinse bar or fan jets but i thought i would ask in here first. 

and my family members windows came up spot free and were easy to clean lol 

Any tips would be amazing and thanks for reading!!

Mike

Are the beads drying dirty then I take it?

Sounds like run downs from top frame, give the top frames a huge hammering, spend about 5-10 minute cleaning them very thorough. Be careful not to get water over and above the top frame to make sure nothing comes down from there.

Work out where the runs are coming from and clean that area to the max, really over-do it. Next time you should be able to clean as normal. 

And with regards to fan jets and rinse bars, I would first become a master of pencil jets before moving on to others. Then master something else! One thing at a time

washing the top of the frames is more important than the windows. The dirt always comes from the top, if you don't wash the tops properly the dirt will always run down and leave marks.

And with regards to fan jets and rinse bars, I would first become a master of pencil jets before moving on to others. Then master something else! One thing at a time

Absolutely agree. In my experience aquiring skill with pencils is an important step along the way to using fans well. Fans are not everyone's favourite though.

I love working with fans myself but first time I used them they were a nightmare. They require skill to use well and also work best if you use a swivel IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
So not too long ago i posted about starting up well since then all has went smoothly and thanks to all the help people have offered me on here!!!

I have built my own trolley system and been doing my own windows (the worlds most Hydophobic windows) and did a family members windows, i got a lot of water beading up on my own windows and wanted to see if any of you guys had any tips?

I have looked online and people are saying to use a rinse bar or fan jets but i thought i would ask in here first. 

and my family members windows came up spot free and were easy to clean lol 

Any tips would be amazing and thanks for reading!!

Mike

Another great tip is, you should never start a sentence with ‘so’ ?

If the spotting is below the gap between the two opener windows then that is the seals broken down and without getting up and cleaning them with a chemical the only way to stop it, in my experience, is to dry with a cloth where the water runs down. It tends to fan out the further down the window it runs. 

I’ve sort of learned the technique to while away the water where it’s about to run with the bristles of the corner of the brush (if that makes sense)

obviously don’t get that part of the window wet with the pencil/fan jets, turn them off for a few seconds of you need to, them with the brush, if the jets are off then shake the brush so it’s not dripping wet, then you can dry any of the top frames. Then when you rinse, rinse a inch or so down from that top black seal. 

This technique i find is quicker and more reliable than waiting for top frames/deals to dry.

* downstairs windows are maybe quicker to wipe the top frame dry with a cloth, I always have a cloth hanging out of my pocket anyway. 

Back