Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ordering a new pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was thinking of a 39ft slx one but then options like gooseneck or angle adapter what brush ? and so one and so one

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was thinking about a 39 ft slx but then it's all options that's baffled me like what brush angle adapter or gooseneck and so on and so on

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I decided on an SLX40 many years ago to reach 2nd floor windows on old Victoria falts we have a lot of in Saltburn as I was going to target that work. It get used 5 or 6 times a month as the work is too uch for an old man. Only twice every 6 weeks does the full 40' length get used.

These days we need around 57' to reach the top windows of flats on the Marine Parade in Saltburn. If I get an enquiry (I had one in 10 years) then I pass it onto another cleaner who has that length of pole.

I have just added another angle adaptor to give me the extra length for deep sills. My SLX40 still has the old screw on adaptors.

Now I would order 1 x;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/resi-neck-trade-quick-release-type-1.html

and 1;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/quick-loq-resi-neck-type-2.html

if it was for a new pole I was buying.

I've got an old ali gooseneck but it just too heavy and cumbersome for me at height so it never gets used.

I had a stiff extreme on my 40' but I've found I get a better clean with a heavier Supreme natural hybrid soft bristles. I see they are on sale so Gardiners must be discontinuing them. I might order a couple.

i use an xtreme22 as my everyday pole but for the few higher windows i do i have an slx39 and i have both my poles set up with swivel goosenecks and hoseless, i use supremes as my everyday brushes but have an xtreme natural brush for the slx as its heavy enough!!

Back