Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What wires will be needed?

Clisty1989

A friend of mine has bagged a deal on a second hand controller and pump. Only issue is the wires have all been cut really short. What size wire will he need from controller to pump, and from battery? It's a spring controller and shurflo pump. It came with 350 tank and frame, so even if pumps knackered it's still a bargain. Any help would be great as I'm helping him install it next week, and if anyone's got a wiring diagram it would be great. Thanks in advance.

A friend of mine has bagged a deal on a second hand controller and pump. Only issue is the wires have all been cut really short. What size wire will he need from controller to pump, and from battery? It's a spring controller and shurflo pump. It came with 350 tank and frame, so even if pumps knackered it's still a bargain. Any help would be great as I'm helping him install it next week, and if anyone's got a wiring diagram it would be great. Thanks in advance.

There should be a 'tag' on the back of the controller that will tell Spring Controllers what variant the controller is. Ian Sheppard from Spring Europe will help you out with a wiring diagram. Different controllers have additional features which have additional wiring.

[email protected]

You could ask Ian what size cable they suggest. The Varistream controller I have is fitted with a 10 amp fuse so I would fit 1.0mm thin walled automotive cable that's suitable for 16.5 amp.

I'm not on Facebook but he seems to have a presence there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top tip, if the pump draws say 9amps, you want the cable to handle twice that minimum to overcome voltage drop.   Volt drop causes heat and is wasted energy. Wasted energy your battery has to provide. 

I use 2mm to controller and 1.5mm to pump

Back