Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power UP HD Reel. Does this look normal?

Cookie

I have recently purchased a Power Up HD Reel from Waterworks. A great piece of kit and I think I'm already reaping the benefits of not having to wind in manually.

However the spindle does seem to wobble where it connects to the pump/tank. I have contacted Waterworks, having sent them a copy of this video & am waiting to hear back. Does this look normal to you? Any feedback appreciated...

https://youtu.be/nqWbQeS97fE

I have recently purchased a Power Up HD Reel from Waterworks. A great piece of kit and I think I'm already reaping the benefits of not having to wind in manually.

However the spindle does seem to wobble where it connects to the pump/tank. I have contacted Waterworks, having sent them a copy of this video & am waiting to hear back. Does this look normal to you? Any feedback appreciated...

https://youtu.be/nqWbQeS97fE

I would wait for the response from the supplier. Further investigation would be needed to determine if it was a bent center shaft or a poorly made swivel. I personally wouldn't be happy about it but it depends on what the manufacturer says is 'commercially acceptable.' I would remove the swivel and rotate the drum to see if the center hub runs true or not. If it does run true then the problem is the swivel.

I personally wouldn’t accept that on a reel costing what it does , my manual reels that cost £150 each certainty don’t do that so a good quality electric reel certainly shouldn’t 

I would wait for the response from the supplier. Further investigation would be needed to determine if it was a bent center shaft or a poorly made swivel. I personally wouldn't be happy about it but it depends on what the manufacturer says is 'commercially acceptable.' I would remove the swivel and rotate the drum to see if the center hub runs true or not. If it does run true then the problem is the swivel.

Thanks all for your replies. I'll wait for their feedback before I remove anything (I don't want to invalidate the warranty).

If it is the swivel that makes things a bit easier. As part of this reel changeover I've also moved things around in the van and  re-configured the system - since I've moved from 8mm to 6mm reel hose and gone tubeless at the same time. Apart from this swivel 'wobble' everything has worked out OK.

Just checked mine Cookie, it does not do that ,(as per video) just turns normally, for what its worth. I have found them v helpful with a minor issue I had re replacement washers.

Back