Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Stallion

Suitable submersible pump

Stallion

Hi all

looking for a suitable pump

Tried the titan doesn’t fit and to be honest

don’t want to make alterations to the the tank

Looking for one which will just drop straight into my ibc tank without cutting holes etc!

Any recommendations fellas please!

Thanks in advance[emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

P4dstar

Gardiners sell this one;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/12v-submersible-pumps-hose-fittings/12-volt-submersible-water-pump-backpack-transfer-kit.html

Unfortunately its only a 12V so you will need to connect it to your leisure battery.

Personally I feel the hassle of cutting the tank and putting it back together was much less than faffing with a battery every time I want to fill the van.

Advertisement

P4dstar
5 minutes ago, Deane pulham said:

Pond pump is mains

The gardeners one is basically a pond pump but i've never been able to find one that would just fit that plugs to the mains. Got any links mate?

adorn window cleaning

Got mine over a year ago , I'm sure if you go onto ebay there are lots of pond pumps-  mains -various pump rates depending on price

P4dstar
41 minutes ago, adorn window cleaning said:

Got mine over a year ago , I'm sure if you go onto ebay there are lots of pond pumps-  mains -various pump rates depending on price

Yeah i had a look but all the mains ones look like my current one, all one standard size sort of thing. If I come across anything I will pop a link up but to be fair i've already cut my tank to fit the full sized pump. It wasn't too difficult, just cut in a cross shape (4 points around the inlet). I've taped it back up with duck tape but I have a heat gun I keep meaning to use to seal the tank back up but I never find the time.

adorn window cleaning

The one from gardiners wont give you a great flow rate in my opinion - ok for filling a backpack perhaps - i have one 

For large / amount litres to transfer to van tank use a mains pond pump and pipe what ever length required

Its not the submersible pumps you can get - but ones intended for pond use these are much smaller and will fit in without cutting

Stallion

Appreciate your replies fellas

Don’t fancy cutting holes now
Especially now that I gotta 1000litres in there!
Will look at these pond pumps though

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums