Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do I need an to system.

craigwilliams1983

Hi

I’m a newbie to the job and I’m looking at buying a set up off a guy which is an RO/DI system but I live in a soft water area my TDS is around 56.

He is saying I need an RO otherwise I will spend a lot more money on resin.

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of this would be the case and what would be the better option?

Thanks for your time [emoji3]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

TDS 56 means you usually go with just a Di system unless your TDS fluctuates wildly. Guys on here would cry for a 56 tds. :1f609:

£70 bag of resin would last at least 3 months at 3000 litres a week. Going by what I have read.

TDS 56 means you usually go with just a Di system unless your TDS fluctuates wildly. Guys on here would cry for a 56 tds. :1f609:

£70 bag of resin would last at least 3 months at 3000 litres a week. Going by what I have read.
Even the resin calculators aren't that generous Scottish! 3000 litres a week would use a 25 litre bag in a month.

Hi

I’m a newbie to the job and I’m looking at buying a set up off a guy which is an RO/DI system but I live in a soft water area my TDS is around 56.

He is saying I need an RO otherwise I will spend a lot more money on resin.

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of this would be the case and what would be the better option?

Thanks for your time
emoji3.png
The thing you need to remember when purchasing a preowned unit is that it's only really worth the second hand value of the empty housing. All of the filters and membrane are of little use to you. If you think and negotiate like that then if you end up changing the membrane after a month you aren't down.

There is a lot more to an RO than just knowing your TDS. You need to know your tap pressure, you need to know how many litres per minute the tap is providing. Do you have storage for a 1000 litre IBC or is this system fitted to the van. What type of RO is it? If its a 4040 system with a HF5 or HF4 membrane this guy is gonna want good money for it.

I've automatically assumed he is local to you? If so there will be a reason he has gone for an RO system. If bought at the right price you will eventually make your money back on the right RO.

Back