Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook adverts?

Anyone on here get much from Facebook? I've tried verifying my account but have had a nightmare
I agree on the verifying had mine over a year now and they still reject and business document I send them lol

In regards to getting much from it everyone will have different results but for me I post every other day and do well from it either regular window customers or people wanting add on jobs doing..

Posting on as many group pages I can in my area [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I posted on groups and got a few likes but never heard anything. Some people do really well especially people who seem to put out a really basic advert in my area. I.e. like taking a pic of a business card and posting that on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted on groups and got a few likes but never heard anything. Some people do really well especially people who seem to put out a really basic advert in my area. I.e. like taking a pic of a business card and posting that on there.
Sometimes you can't beat a basic honest salesman. I used to be a phone shop manager for Tesco. Every half hour we would go down and do a tannoy about what deals we have on etc. 99% of the time we got nothing from it, every so often someone would wander up to the shop and say they didn't know we were there but never sign up for a contract. One time one of the lads just said ''My name is Mark and I work in the phone shop, we would love you to visit us while you are shopping today so we can tell you more about the mobile services we offer''. Not exaggerating when I say over 20 people came to have a look and 3 contracts signed up within that hour which was basically the daily target at the time.

I see a lot of lads putting out ''We are working in your area next week, get in touch if you would like a friendly reliable window cleaner'' or something similar. Around March time I made a video on my MAC, that has been viewed by 10k people and got me loads of customers. The simple fact is it wasn't the quality of the video it was because of the comments and basically luck. One person commented, then another and then another. At that point the post looks popular and more and more people waded in. It has been posted since and got no comments. I did another video that was better quality and got no where near as many comments. You just have to keep going until you get lucky I guess.

I agree with @P4dstar it's about perseverance, you have to  just keep posting on a regular basis as you gain clients and recommendations/reviews and your reputation grows also, I have never got a great response from posting photos or videos but I have been recommended by clients multiple times over the years and it has gained me well over 50 jobs and most people contact me via Fb for a quote. 

Back