Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder storage???

Rh4000

I have a a werner 22 multi ladder at the moment, just have it on the floor of the van and take it in and out as needed vlbut I want to store it on the underside of the roof of the van to make floor space for other stuff, I know the sky jet thingy but it's pricey, was thinking some box metal so I can just slide it in and out each time or something along those lines. Anyone on here done anything similar, vans a Ford transit custom btw. Pics would be appreciated. Thanks 

I looked into this for my old van. A mate of mine drew up some plans for some rectangular plastic boxes that it could slide in that would be held in place with zip ties. Unfortunately the van broke before we got chance to try it and the new van doesn't have the right connections to hang anything.

Have you considered hooks on the wall. Cheap and cheerful!

I looked into this for my old van. A mate of mine drew up some plans for some rectangular plastic boxes that it could slide in that would be held in place with zip ties. Unfortunately the van broke before we got chance to try it and the new van doesn't have the right connections to hang anything.

Have you considered hooks on the wall. Cheap and cheerful!
Ye I have stuff on the sides already and it's a heavy enough ladder so wanted to have something I could just slide in and out as needed from the underside of the roof...Hopefully I might get a few ideas from lads here. 

Have a look at old BT vans on eBay. They have some cracking storage solutions and if you can’t find something for sale it’s easy enough to get something knocked up. They have a universal ‘tray’ that hangs from the van ceiling - not sure it would be deep enough for what you need but the idea would be the same.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a a werner 22 multi ladder at the moment, just have it on the floor of the van and take it in and out as needed vlbut I want to store it on the underside of the roof of the van to make floor space for other stuff, I know the sky jet thingy but it's pricey, was thinking some box metal so I can just slide it in and out each time or something along those lines. Anyone on here done anything similar, vans a Ford transit custom btw. Pics would be appreciated. Thanks 
Get in touch with pjj on here. He has one that was specially made for his van. There was a discussion on it not so long ago so you should be able to find it. Think it was in Spartans post about hi new van set up. Hope that helps.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yep, exactly like that, think that's the one I seen scrolling on here a while back I think, amazingly I can't find anything else like it on the internet and it seems to make so much sense to me & be so simple, did you make it yourself or get it done? How did you go about it? Cheers 

I had had it fabricated and fitted by a local company it wasn’t cheap but it was quite a difficult job the ladder that fits in it is a 3.5 meter Ramsey double pointer there is less than 25 mm with the doors shut but it’ works a treat I explained what I wanted and they made it to my speck  ime very pleased with it 

I'm making one for my telescopic ladders in my bipper this weekend

Screw wooden blocks or brackets into ply lining both sides at the rear then screw a length of 2×4 into them across the width of the van and the same again at the front to make struts

Cut a piece of mdf or osb to make a shelf and screw that on top of the 2 struts I have made and have a perfect shelf for ladders

Gonna go just under my pole holders

I'm making one for my telescopic ladders in my bipper this weekend

Screw wooden blocks or brackets into ply lining both sides at the rear then screw a length of 2×4 into them across the width of the van and the same again at the front to make struts

Cut a piece of mdf or osb to make a shelf and screw that on top of the 2 struts I have made and have a perfect shelf for ladders

Gonna go just under my pole holders
Throw a few pics up bud when you do, I'm leaning towards timber now might be a cheaper alternative?

I had had it fabricated and fitted by a local company it wasn’t cheap but it was quite a difficult job the ladder that fits in it is a 3.5 meter Ramsey double pointer there is less than 25 mm with the doors shut but it’ works a treat I explained what I wanted and they made it to my speck  ime very pleased with it 
If you don't mind me asking and out of curiosity how much did you pay to get it made? I've got one rough quote and it's fairly steep to what I thought it would be so just looking for an idea. 

Throw a few pics up bud when you do, I'm leaning towards timber now might be a cheaper alternative?

If you don't mind me asking and out of curiosity how much did you pay to get it made? I've got one rough quote and it's fairly steep to what I thought it would be so just looking for an idea. 
Around £800 

Back