Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worth the hassle

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kirksheridan

Hi all,

Been contacted to price a job tomorrow,

3 bed semi, conservatory (flat roof), facias and guttering.

Only problem is I’ve just started out doing trad, I’ve got a extension pole and decent high ladders but that’s about it.

Is it worth the effort to try and do all palm it off to a WFP bloke.

Access ain’t too bad the awkward bit will be the fascia/guttering above conny roof,

Normally for a window above a conny I just lay my ladder Across beams to stand on for access,

I can’t really justify £180 for a cheap backpack and brush for the odd jobs.

Any tips and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kirk

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Hi all,

Been contacted to price a job tomorrow,

3 bed semi, conservatory (flat roof), facias and guttering.

Only problem is I’ve just started out doing trad, I’ve got a extension pole and decent high ladders but that’s about it.

Is it worth the effort to try and do all palm it off to a WFP bloke.

Access ain’t too bad the awkward bit will be the fascia/guttering above conny roof,

Normally for a window above a conny I just lay my ladder Across beams to stand on for access,

I can’t really justify £180 for a cheap backpack and brush for the odd jobs.

Any tips and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Kirk

You can do without back pack as long as you have extn pole with brush water fed by tap at hse & 1st spray tfr by garden pump sprayer or put tfr in bucket & dip in now and again! Finay Rinse off with tap water

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That job is £200 worth, so that will pay for a Gardiners backpack and nearly a CLX pole and brush. Look to the future and order the stuff and the jobs will flood in and you will be glad you did. :1f609:

Not too sure on pricing as new to the game normally work out at £1 a window so a standard 3 bed semi is about £9-10

Not to sure on pricing of gutter/fascia
Prob about 5 m front 5 m back

Conservatory and windows,

Here a few pics of google earth any advice on pricing greatly appreciated,

Regards
Kirk

d277af76e46f86d11cdb2804143d6e81.jpg
14674a34d3a6aa058d6cc116ad50eb9f.jpg

Thats a decent distance across the conny mate, you're probably better investing in a cheap cheap WFP system. Just buy the water from a local garden centre or another windy if you don't want to do it regularly. You'll get a better clean above the conny with WFP and that job will pay for the kit. If its a one off I would be at £100-120 for the conny roof, £40 for the gutters and fascias, £30 for the windows. That would pay for a cheap backpack and pole which you'll have for future jobs. Obviously more if you're clearing the gutters too.

£200 all day long for all that, will take you over half a day. GSF would be £120 because they are deep soffits and include clearing inside of gutters. Conny roof and then all the windows and downpipes. You would need a back pack and WFP though. This game is 80% equipment and 20% hard graft.

£200 all day long for all that, will take you over half a day. GSF would be £120 because they are deep soffits and include clearing inside of gutters. Conny roof and then all the windows and downpipes. You would need a back pack and WFP though. This game is 80% equipment and 20% hard graft.
Do you know 72% of people believe statistics are correct if you put a percentage in there ?

You could use a car wash extendable pole and rinse off with pressure valve on the end of the garden hose(if you have access to one) as a cheap option. You will deffo struggle with it over the conny though unless you’ve got a ladder big enough to go over it and someone to foot it. If I was you I would price up a cheap water fed pole and stick it on top of your asking price then your set up for future jobs. If you don’t get it then you’ve lost nothin as you won’t be able to do with trad equipment any way so win win. With the correct equipment your probs lookin at four hours work for one.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back