Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What van would you buy?.....................

Chris33

I am too busy with windows but have lots of enquiries for add ons. If you were putting a cheap second van on the road for add ons what would you choose and why? 

I am not sure whether to bite the bullet and get a good van circa 4/5k and eventually make this a window van or just get a cheap 1k van and see how it rolls.

This would only be on the road maybe twice a week max winter/three days a week max summer for add ons. Any input appreciated 

Is it really cost effective if it’s only going to be used that amount, by the time it’s taxed ,insured ,mot ,maintained , I wouldn’t think it’s worth it ? 

Would you drive it yourself or have someone employed?

I'm an advocate of buying new if you know it'll make you money. I see my van as any tool; it has to work to make me money. It's counterproductive trying to save money on a cheap van and ending up with a vehicle that's constantly in for repairs.

Now, if you want to go the cheap route, maybe get a car and take out the back seats so you can chuck in all your machines?

Or why not kit out a trailer? That's doesn't cost much standing around.

Back