Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotless Water is it not working out?

chris clean

Hi guys I wonder if anyone on the forum is from spotless water or knows much about then? I've been watching intrigued to see if the idea and business model works. I personally would only use them in an emergency because of the cost.

It seems they had a huge amount of locations promised as "coming soon" across the country but these have been virtually the same since I first lookelooked probably a year or more ago. Non of the promised locations have ever opened in my area. So was just wondering had anyone heard anything I know they have a number open but I'm guessing that the uptake is not what they hoped so that's why they aren't opening more

Hi guys I wonder if anyone on the forum is from spotless water or knows much about then? I've been watching intrigued to see if the idea and business model works. I personally would only use them in an emergency because of the cost.

It seems they had a huge amount of locations promised as "coming soon" across the country but these have been virtually the same since I first lookelooked probably a year or more ago. Non of the promised locations have ever opened in my area. So was just wondering had anyone heard anything I know they have a number open but I'm guessing that the uptake is not what they hoped so that's why they aren't opening more

It seems they are growing (albeit very slowly) but only on demand (ie enough registrations on their site within an area to install a new box). 

Long story short, if only a couple of people have registered their interest in an area, Spotless don't see demand to invest in a unit if there's going to be little return for them. 

Closest one to me is 45min away and like you, I'd only use it for an emergency as I have an RO+DI system in my van, and I've had a keychain since they launched I can't use. 

Interesting cheers mate. I have seen some Facebook adds put out by spotless and lots of comments saying they have been told various locations will be open by certain times and the time given has come and gone. I was told my area is a key location and will be open by Christmas! I doubt it will 

They cant provide dates for Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield or Sheffield. 

The 'coming soon' is not a bit of BS it is an outright LIE!  

They finally admitted that they were coming as soon as enough people in an are register for an account.  

They don't get it... 'if you build it they will come'

They think 'when they come we will build it'  

It's a strange business model isn't it! Would like to fast forward a few years and see if idea falls flat on its face or they get it right in the end! I hope they do get it right as Im always one for hoping new ventures are successful and in an emergency or if working out of area it would be a handy back up to have but I'm starting to wonder about them

I got promised my local one was due for opening mid October, then before Christmas, now coming early in the new year. Ok mate I’ll now believe it when I see it.

I do get emails with 1 or 2 opening a month. Apparently they’ve had trouble with the company that’s making them so there’s been a delay.

When I said the nearest one is currently 30 mins away through Southampton city centre he replied saying don’t worry mate you can go anytime as they’re 24 hours!

Yeah cheers pal I’ll fill up at midnight to dodge the traffic problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Someone on this forum ages ago said there is a method to their madness. I think eventually the idea is for them to have their own national window Cleaning company with 100s of filling stations around the country for them to tap

into. But they only way they could really get the network up and running was for other people to pay for it, hence they will only build a station once there is a demand of people who will use it to pay for it. That’s the gist of it anyway.

The guy who set up spotless already owns spotless valeting, so after spotless water it will be spotless window cleaning. And all of you are paying for their infrastructure lol 

I wonder how much is it to set up per station? And running costs?

They must have a top of the range 40/40 R.O, a 10,000L+ storage tank just constantly filling if it’s being used daily, booster pump when needed, a couple of 25L D.I vessels (or even bigger) all the plumbing & wiring with the touch key pad. Then ground rent for where, and regularly replacing Filters & resin cause it’s always at 000pp

I’ve used

Basingstoke

Swindon

Enfield

kingston ish twickenham?

Very useful!

Cant see how they make any money though.

Someone on this forum ages ago said there is a method to their madness. I think eventually the idea is for them to have their own national window Cleaning company with 100s of filling stations around the country for them to tap

into. But they only way they could really get the network up and running was for other people to pay for it, hence they will only build a station once there is a demand of people who will use it to pay for it. That’s the gist of it anyway.

The guy who set up spotless already owns spotless valeting, so after spotless water it will be spotless window cleaning. And all of you are paying for their infrastructure lol 
If you wanted a nationwide network of window cleaners who need access to pure water why not lease out a fleet of vans fitted with systems for a fraction of the cost?! According to this plan they will still need fleet of vans with tanks and delivery systems so why go to all the trouble and astronomical expenses of spending years getting these units set up! Seems crazy. We will see but if the roll out of window cleaners is anything like as slow as the roll out of filling stations I will look out for there vans in about 50 years lol

I’ve used

Basingstoke

Swindon

Enfield

kingston ish twickenham?

Very useful!

Cant see how they make any money though.
Yeah the price makes it an emergency only place to go! Or I can see it being handy if I'm working out of area and needed more than one tanks worth of water

I dont get the comments on price. 3p per litre with no resin or filter costs or time to produce pure.  £30 for 1000L 

IMO bargain.  If you cant make SUBSTANTIAL profit on those margins there's something wrong. 

If they had one round here I'd fill the vans daily quite happily for that price.  

Think of it from a practical view and not a penny pinching point of view. It makes sense. 

I dont get the comments on price. 3p per litre with no resin or filter costs or time to produce pure.  £30 for 1000L 

IMO bargain.  If you cant make SUBSTANTIAL profit on those margins there's something wrong. 

If they had one round here I'd fill the vans daily quite happily for that price.  

Think of it from a practical view and not a penny pinching point of view. It makes sense. 
When, or should I say if, they open a site in Cambridge I for one will certainly be using it. I have a van system so can make my own but as you say a 650l tank full of guaranteed pure for less than £25 is a no brainer. 

When, or should I say if, they open a site in Cambridge I for one will certainly be using it. I have a van system so can make my own but as you say a 650l tank full of guaranteed pure for less than £25 is a no brainer. 

£25 for 650 ltr seams very expensive to me what does it cost you to produce it yourself ? we use a minimum of 7000 ltr of pure per week working on that price I would be spending £210 per week so over 48 weeks that would cost around £10080.00  I can produce my own for a fraction of that price , athough I have never worked out the total cost , ro membranes last about 7 years or so , a couple of 5 micron filters per year , 2 carbon sediment filters , a bag of resin every 10 months 

rough costing 

ro membrains x2 £800 total 

carbon sediment filters £200

5 micron filters £200

resin        £85 

water bill £1000 per quarter So if I changed all filters every year it would only cost me £1285 ,membranes only need changing every 7 years so my running costs per year are roughly £485 + £4000 in water , a huge saving making it yourself surely ???? 

@Green Pro Clean Ltd and @Part Timer I agree totally that you are doing something wrong if you can't make a very tidy profit off even the spotless prices! I peraonally dobt make my own water as I have 2 stockists nice and local to me that sell it and I just love not having to worry about any of that side just pull up full up and crack on. For me though the spotless prices would be expensive compared to what I pay now but on occasions like working a weekend or needing to top up out of office hours I would use them if we ever get one round here.

£25 for 650 ltr seams very expensive to me what does it cost you to produce it yourself ? we use a minimum of 7000 ltr of pure per week working on that price I would be spending £210 per week so over 48 weeks that would cost around £10080.00  I can produce my own for a fraction of that price , athough I have never worked out the total cost , ro membranes last about 7 years or so , a couple of 5 micron filters per year , 2 carbon sediment filters , a bag of resin every 10 months 

rough costing 

ro membrains x2 £800 total 

carbon sediment filters £200

5 micron filters £200

resin        £85 

water bill £1000 per quarter So if I changed all filters every year it would only cost me £1285 ,membranes only need changing every 7 years so my running costs per year are roughly £485 + £4000 in water , a huge saving making it yourself surely ???? 
This is purely for when I'm working away in Cambridge. Whilst there are sites I clean where I can tap into their water supply, for free, it would be far better time management, and therefore more cost efficient to just pay for water. 

Your TDS is probably much lower than the 400+ in Cambridge as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is purely for when I'm working away in Cambridge. Whilst there are sites I clean where I can tap into their water supply, for free, it would be far better time management, and therefore more cost efficient to just pay for water. 

Your TDS is probably much lower than the 400+ in Cambridge as well. 

Ah ok yes I can see what you are saying for an occasional fill it’s ok but expensive to use all the time , my tds is around 90 ???

Back