Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Legalities of gutter waste

Pied Piper

Whats  the legalities  if any of tipping gutter waste down road drains , I normally just tip mine onto the flower beds but was wondering if we could pour it into the rain water drains out in the roads without somebody having a fit..

I wouldn't pour anything down a drain bar water. Someone could get SEPA on to you. Best thing is bag it and put it in the waste bin that goes to landfill. I usually just put it under a hedge or even on the grass. :1f609:

No fella you can’t just go chucking your crud down the drains, it contributes to them blocking up eventually. There’s nothing wrong with the garden borders [emoji106]
If no earth borders then put it in a heavy duty rubble sack, then double bag it with another rubble sack, and chuck it in their black bin.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

my reasons for asking this question is after cleaning the gutters I always suck through 2 buckets of water to clear the inside of the pipes this make the sediment at the bottom of the vacuum tank easier to tip out leaving the tank cleaner, obviously the weeds and chunks of grass and other debris gets bagged up it was the watery sediment that I'm asking about .

Gutter waist in the drain is a no no , if you are flushing the vac through and it’s just dirty water then that’s ok , just be careful that people don’t think you are putting soil and silt into the drain and report you to the council ??

Latest Posts

Back