Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conny roof covered in paint

Doddy111

Alright all I’ve been on a bit of a nightmare job today. Custys had his roof painted and whoever’s done it has got overspray all over the windows, frames, garage door, conny etc.

I’m going back on Monday to tackle the conservatory. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to get the paint of the poly roof? Best method on the frames was pink stuff and magic sponges but obviously can’t do that on a conny roof.

Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Also I don’t know what section to put this so I’ll add it onto here.

The company attempted to clean the over spray on the white garage door and I’m guessing used an abrasive as it’s taken some of the coating off. Is there anything I can spray/paint onto it? It’s only a smallish section.

I want to do a good job for this guy as him and his Mrs are sound plus they buy me pizza.
f8b43ac9d7910d7b7b4482ff4d5b681f.jpg

Hope you done a good job on that pizza lol.
I doubt he’ll make that mistake again I could hardly move after that wasn’t long after I was packing up and calling it a day

Sounds like a walk away job to me , get the painters back to sort out there own mess 
Problem is I’ve already done half of it for him, I explained beforehand it wouldn’t be perfect and he was fine with that. He got the painters back they took the coating of the garage door and then went missing

I would first off advise him to get trading standards on to the painters and also immediately file a claim against them in the small claims court as this is the sort of thing they are there for.  

Next off you need advise him there is no quick fix.  I would be 100% upfront and tell him that he's looking at 3-4 days perhaps of labour to get it back mint.  

Then call all your local hire centers as one of them will have a conny ladder to rent you - buy a load of bronze wool, install a decent playlist on your phone and get cracking with the elbow grease.  

Not your fault the painters a cowboy and I understand you want to look after a customer however I think the customer may be in this spot as they took on the cheapest painter to save a buck as opposed to a pricer yet more professional outfit. 

Try and find out what paint they used? Was it oil base or water base. If water base, then try very hot water and degreaser on an old towel and leave it on top for 10mins. If oil base, then you would need a scraper and a chemical which may damage the glass or Perspex.

I got started on it today and the paint came of the Perspex with some chemicals, brass wool on the end of a scraper and a bit of elbow grease.

Should have it all finished by midday tomorrow

245d94c639165c7fad9f87c46a9a8091.jpg

Hope you’re being paid by the hour.I’d never clean up after painters or builders.Speaking from experience it’s just not worth the hassle.Let the painters sort it

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

First experience of this kind of work and I wouldn’t want to be doing it every week however I absolutely grafted on it and finished it in 2 1/2 days £480 in my back pocket and a belly full of pizza I can’t complain

0718f629f94d1851b520a2e7acb57cc7.jpg

Back