Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wanted - Heat exchanger

AGlassAct

Looking for a heat exchanger for a webasto system. The one I have is too small and not cape able of maintaining a constant head to the brush. If anyone has one lying around could you PM me a price. eBay ones are too few and far between for the size needed to run a WFP. Spruce? You seemed to have a stack of them or are they for future projects?

Cheers guys

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You can buy them from Grippatank, pure freedom etc new and they are rated exactly for the heater and will give you the right heat for wfp application, I think they are roughly about £130 ?.. 

Looking for a heat exchanger for a webasto system. The one I have is too small and not cape able of maintaining a constant head to the brush. If anyone has one lying around could you PM me a price. eBay ones are too few and far between for the size needed to run a WFP. Spruce? You seemed to have a stack of them or are they for future projects?

Cheers guys

The only spare one I have is a 10 plate.

I have tried the 10 plate using our header tank in the house many years ago and found to it work ok. After all, they are the similar to the heat exchangers fitted to most combi boilers.

Have you connected the heat exchanger up correctly with the heat source flowing in the opposite direction to the cold water flow to be heated? If you run them 'parrallel' then the heat exchanger doesn't work properly/efficiently. The photo I have of the Purefreedom 5kw diesel heater has the heat exchanger plumbed in incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers@spruce - yes it’s plumbed correctly, it’s just a small one so the webasto is at full chat all the time with the brush feed on, as soon as the brush is turned off the header tank reaches 70 degrees (within a couple of minutes) and winds down into eco mode. Not to worry I’ll get a gledhill one off eBay. Thanks for the input.

Cheers@spruce - yes it’s plumbed correctly, it’s just a small one so the webasto is at full chat all the time with the brush feed on, as soon as the brush is turned off the header tank reaches 70 degrees (within a couple of minutes) and winds down into eco mode. Not to worry I’ll get a gledhill one off eBay. Thanks for the input.

I might have a punt at this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLEDHILL-BOILERMATE-GT490-PLATE-HEAT-EXCHANGER/113349732791?hash=item1a642ba9b7:g:sRAAAOSwtaBb3vmo:rk:9:pf:0

It also seems that these guys have a new one a little cheaper.

https://www.keeptheheaton.com/appliances/gledhill/boilermate-a-class

Back