Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flawed liquidator

Jimbo

As much as I find the liquidator a pleasure, I can't help but get frustrated at it's flaws, particularly when it comes to leaving lines and streaks. After trying all different techniques, soaps and rubbers I just can't find the ultimate combo to get it right. I just don't understand why the end clips don't sit flush with the channel which then doesn't give a flat application of rubber to the glass, it just doesn't make sense. Give us a fresh design please moerman as it is almost the best thing that as happened to trad cleaning

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

As much as I find the liquidator a pleasure, I can't help but get frustrated at it's flaws, particularly when it comes to leaving lines and streaks. After trying all different techniques, soaps and rubbers I just can't find the ultimate combo to get it right. I just don't understand why the end clips don't sit flush with the channel which then doesn't give a flat application of rubber to the glass, it just doesn't make sense. Give us a fresh design please moerman as it is almost the best thing that as happened to trad cleaning

The end clips are set like a dogeared one. Do you have the contour pro plus handle on it? We all do and don't have any problems.

There's a lot of cleaners with the same issue, I get dogearing but the clips just don't allow the rubber to glide flat on the glass, it's only a minor niggle but just now and again it's quite frustrating. I've heard other guys heat the plastic up to then mould the plastic flat. Bit of a hassle if moerman could just produce them flat

I bought the contour handle . It worked for a week with me now back to the moerman handle at present 

Just persevere with it and it should come good. I get lines the moment I change over to new rubber but after a while it goes away.

I peservered that much I bought black moerman rubber for the first and it didn’t help. To me the liquidator is so temperamental. Mines performing like an animal at the minute, hopefully it lasts lol

If the clips were flat it totally defeats the purpose of the design you may as well go back to a standard channel. The design is not flawed. I’ve had them from day 1 of release. Have used nothing else for over 2 years. Series 1 and 2. Mounted in fixed handles, modded Wagtails and Excelerators. Ive used Moerman, Ettore, Black Diamond, Razer Red and Bayersan rubbers. Zero issues. Angle of blade to glass (attack angle) is the crucial one to dial in. ...

If the clips were flat it totally defeats the purpose of the design you may as well go back to a standard channel. The design is not flawed. I’ve had them from day 1 of release. Have used nothing else for over 2 years. Series 1 and 2. Mounted in fixed handles, modded Wagtails and Excelerators. Ive used Moerman, Ettore, Black Diamond, Razer Red and Bayersan rubbers. Zero issues. Angle of blade to glass (attack angle) is the crucial one to dial in. ...
Not at all, surely it's the points at the tip that get into the edges

I've always thought that the idea is like the dog-earring and you have to press lightly to flatten the end bits out. Sometimes I find tipping it up slightly puts the rubber on to the glass better.

@Eric Gilliand what rubber do you prefer Eric? I think they are much the same.
Currently I don’t have a favourite except that even though we’re heading into full summer over here with much hotter days I’m still leaning towards the softer rubbers. Moerman and Black Diamond currently. I’ve found over the past few months that it’s much more important to get the soap consistency right. Not runny with it dropping off the glass seems to be the key. Trouble with that is that on hotter days you’ve got to move pretty darn quickly and quite frankly I’m not so keen on that ?

Currently I don’t have a favourite except that even though we’re heading into full summer over here with much hotter days I’m still leaning towards the softer rubbers. Moerman and Black Diamond currently. I’ve found over the past few months that it’s much more important to get the soap consistency right. Not runny with it dropping off the glass seems to be the key. Trouble with that is that on hotter days you’ve got to move pretty darn quickly and quite frankly I’m not so keen on that ?
That's because your getting old Eric mate?

I totally found the moermann stuff hard to tame, tried the proplus handle and practiced a fair bit, then gave up and tried again, might try again, but just found them to annoying for lines. 

Been using liquidators since they ever came out, used with fixed handles, excelerator etc and every rubber available. It's works straight out of the box if you have your rubber cut correctly and your solution nice and thick on your applicator. I do understand when people say they get lines etc, it's happened to me before and the usual reason is inconsistent rubber being put under strain and bleeding soap. For me moerman rubber is still the best on these channels. The 1 tip I would still give people is if u start using anything bigger than a 12inch channel then I would start heating and bending the clips up slightly. I tend to find if you don't then all the pressure goes on the end clips and you will get random lines in the middle of the channel 

The perfect combo for me is ettore rubber and the contour pro+ handle.  I am so happy with the handle it makes me want to clean the windows at home - I don't though!

You can feel the spring working to adjust the angle at different stages down the glass. 

Used to have issues with Moerman Squeegees like vast majority of us seems to have in the beginning.....but have very few issues now.

It is my squeegee of choice now....thinks it is a case of practice and angle of attack with the rubber. Know I had most problems in the beginnning using them when up a ladder!!!!. Now I wfp upstairs and Trad bottoms, so can adjust my body to squeegeeing  when fanning etc

Angle of attack...consistent and dense slip...totally agree. For a few years now I’ve been using eCover cut with IPA (Isopropyl). Direct to scrubber. Has worked very well for me. BUT being so close to Xmas and running short I purchased a no name Eco soap from our local hardware. Thick and glutinous, the slip is much better. This past week has been a constant run of ‘slap forehead’ incidents. Liquidator loves it. ...the bonus is that it’s as cheap as chips ?

Angle of attack...consistent and dense slip...totally agree. For a few years now I’ve been using eCover cut with IPA (Isopropyl). Direct to scrubber. Has worked very well for me. BUT being so close to Xmas and running short I purchased a no name Eco soap from our local hardware. Thick and glutinous, the slip is much better. This past week has been a constant run of ‘slap forehead’ incidents. Liquidator loves it. ...the bonus is that it’s as cheap as chips ?
A squirt of ipa is great for slip and cleaning power

Yeah I buy 5 liters of eco washing up liquid for less than ten quid.
Works just as well as other liquids I'd say. And not full of chemicals.
Which for me, is a necessity.
I'm interested in hearing about natural products that slow down evaporation in the summer heat too?
May try glycerine?

Back