Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1st attempt at a roof clean ....... And the last [emoji23]

CM Cleaning Services

Let me start by apologising for the essay lol Sorry all

Well today had my first attempt at roof cleaning ( so to speak ) my fellow friend needed a low level extension roof cleaned covered in moss and filthy .......So as my schedules are done for the year having some free time thought I'd give it a go for him at a mates rate discount being my guinea pig trial [emoji23] and was some bonus cash for me WIN WIN

Now let's make this clear I am complete novice to roof cleaning and did what I thought was within my capabilities without messing about with hypo and such I know little about ...

So with my trusty small jet washer and stiff brush my mate knew it was at best results so I crack on with the task ahead

Well sweeping the moss off the roof took forever couldn't decide if just shoving it off the roof onto his patio or trying to collect up as much as possible was going to be best ?

The jet washing wasn't so bad apart from the obvious got soaked and moss bits flying everywhere got me and the patio covered DOUBLE ??

ANYWAY !!!!

6hrs later here's the end result fire away with feedback good or bad

Thanks [emoji106]IMG_20181220_100926.jpegIMG_20181220_142226.jpeg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Good job , looking very good especially for a first attempt ,bit of a spray with bio and given a few weeks it will kill off all the remaining lichen and help slow down re growth 

Hypo wont remove the lichen.  One or perhaps two rounds of a biocide should. 

Pressure washing roofs is not an optimum solution plenty can go wrong.   If I were to consider a return to roof cleaning I would offer only to spray with bio, return a few weeks later to scrape off the roof and then another bio coat before leaving.  

Some on here will have seen pics where we got in the habit of leaving roofs perfect but..... and here it comes..... you seem to think 5 hours was a long time to do that roof.... I say you did well to do it in just 5 hours to that standard. 

Hypo wont remove the lichen.  One or perhaps two rounds of a biocide should. 

Pressure washing roofs is not an optimum solution plenty can go wrong.   If I were to consider a return to roof cleaning I would offer only to spray with bio, return a few weeks later to scrape off the roof and then another bio coat before leaving.  

Some on here will have seen pics where we got in the habit of leaving roofs perfect but..... and here it comes..... you seem to think 5 hours was a long time to do that roof.... I say you did well to do it in just 5 hours to that standard. 
Thats true, i thought 5 hours was good. A pain job, but if you establish with a future job a price you know to say £200 or so for a similar, they'd be bloomin lucky to get cheaper.

He definitely had it at mates rates then
emoji23.png

I only did it as had a free day and to help a mate out ....£250 I charged him

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Now you know you'll be ok for next time. I havent done a roof clean but it looks like one of those jobs you could earn well and charge good rate and makes the work sweeter.

One could charge a grand for that job. Wondering why you didn't get the whole street to do at that price. I would use my twin turbo lance at low revs but moss would be all over the place. Final spray with Bio and job done.

One could charge a grand for that job. Wondering why you didn't get the whole street to do at that price. I would use my twin turbo lance at low revs but moss would be all over the place. Final spray with Bio and job done.
Yes what seems a bad job could be a nice earner. I couldnt earn these amounts doing a days windows.

Back