Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Diamond geezer

pole advise please

Diamond geezer

After 18 months using my second had poles,iam thinking of new.I have an old 33 c/fibre streamline and an18 fibre glass,which is lighter than the 33 but far less ridged so I use the 33 most of the time. Its a bit of an over kill,as I only use it now and again fully extened. iam thinking of a slx 18 with occasional extention or a straight 22.My work is 90% ground and first, residential.Iam looking for less fatigue. I don't have much of a problem with black hands,but I imagine using a good hybrid would be better in that respect. My poles are hoseless.Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Den

Slx18 and slx25 that will cover most domestic as your round grows buy a extension as and when required 👍

Iron Giant

An SLX-22 would be a decent all-rounder for over extensions and conny roofs I use a 22ft pole as my daily and then section #6 extension for 3 storey townhouses and a section #7 extension for some veluxs on townhouses 

♠Winp®oClean♠

I use a SLX 25 for 95% of my work, have done for over 10 years now. Have an extension that I use every blue moon and then a Xtreme 47 for anything higher (which isn't much). The 25 allows you to reach velux, set back dormers etc. A swivel makes any tight spaces, awkward angles etc a doddle. The SLX is a superb every day pole- light, rigid and VERY robust!! My last Two have given me over 5 years of constant use and abuse each, just on my Third one now.[emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

dazmond
56 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

After 18 months using my second had poles,iam thinking of new.I have an old 33 c/fibre streamline and an18 fibre glass,which is lighter than the 33 but far less ridged so I use the 33 most of the time. Its a bit of an over kill,as I only use it now and again fully extened. iam thinking of a slx 18 with occasional extention or a straight 22.My work is 90% ground and first, residential.Iam looking for less fatigue. I don't have much of a problem with black hands,but I imagine using a good hybrid would be better in that respect. My poles are hoseless.Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

a clx 22 would be a good budget hybrid pole for you mate if funds are tight.......

Den
1 minute ago, Iron Giant said:

An SLX-22 would be a decent all-rounder for over extensions and conny roofs I use a 22ft pole as my daily and then section #6 extension for 3 storey townhouses and a section #7 extension for some veluxs on townhouses 

I have slx25 with extensions up to #9 got to use it tomorrow doing a big lodge bloody heavy thing, going to save for a extreme 47 next year. 

Iron Giant

Xtreme pole is my daily no way could I use a slx-22 never mind a slx over 40ft, I'm only 5ft it would be a 2 man job 🤪

Davy G
Posted (edited)

I have used SLX 22 for four years. It has enough length for all but a few of my jobs, including my 3 storey ones (just) and solar panels up to 2 storey. I like the way it collapses quite short for working in tight space. Mostly I don't need to extend the last section but it's handy for reaching over large extensions and conservatories when I do need it. It was a game changer from fibreglass, though I believe the CLX is a good compromise from what I've read on the forum. I also have an SLX 30 which is only seldom needed. 

Good luck with your choice. 🙂

Edited by Davy G
Missed a bit ☺️

Den

Extreme 18 is my everyday pole and your right about the slx above 40 I want a extreme47 lol 

@Part Timer loves his slx47 😄but he is like two men lol

Part Timer
1 minute ago, Den said:

Extreme 18 is my everyday pole and your right about the slx above 40 I want a extreme47 lol 

@Part Timer loves his slx47 😄but he is like two men lol

Will be swinging it, the SLX47 that is, from 9 till 9.30 tomorrow. Might need to get a 74' if my meeting in 2 weeks goes well 😲

Den
2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Will be swinging it, the SLX47 that is, from 9 till 9.30 tomorrow. Might need to get a 74' if my meeting in 2 weeks goes well 😲

Only 30 minutes age is catching up with you lol 

three dormers and four velux for me tomorrow hope it isn’t windy 😄

Diamond geezer

the 22 is already there and in your hand should u need abit extra,280 gms heaveyer though.Is it better to carry the extra weight and not have the bother of carrying ,and wondering when and fitting, the extention for the 18 ?

Alex Gardiner
9 minutes ago, adamangler said:

When is the extreme 25 back in stock @Alex Gardiner  cant get an answer via email

thanks

Hi Adam

I have searched through the sales@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk email system and cannot find an email from you even in the Junk and deleted folders. So not sure what has happened there.

To answer your question though -  we are expecting new stock of the Xtreme25 poles back in stock by the 21st of January

adamangler
8 minutes ago, Alex Gardiner said:

Hi Adam

I have searched through the sales@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk email system and cannot find an email from you even in the Junk and deleted folders. So not sure what has happened there.

To answer your question though -  we are expecting new stock of the Xtreme25 poles back in stock by the 21st of January

ok thanks alex, i recently changed my email servers so that was probably what it was, i cant find it either now and some of my other mail is missing

but thanks for the reply i shall wait until then, cheers.