Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water system

Pied Piper

Can anyone recommend a company that builds van mounted hot water pressure washer, been looking at Q services on youtube they seem to build decent systems, but open to recommendations.

IM off to look at a van system on Monday hot water 80 celsius, 3625psi 25lpm is this going to be hot enough to remove gum and graffiti?

Your experience and knowledge would be appreciated.

IM off to look at a van system on Monday hot water 80 celsius, 3625psi 25lpm is this going to be hot enough to remove gum and graffiti?

Your experience and knowledge would be appreciated.

Aye, 250bar will remove chewing gum if you fit a turbo nozzle on the lance. Don't think you would need to raise the temperature but it will definitely help. 25lpm is good going, mine is 21lpm and its great. What do you expect to pay?

I bought a 16hp petrol Vanguard from Rutland Pumps and it cost me £2200. Only cold water though, 23lpm and 3625psi but it weighs about 90kgs. All I did was bolt a few bits of wood in the van's floor to stop it moving about. I can take it out if I want because its on four wheels. After you view the one on Monday and right down the facts then give Ben a call at Rutland Pumps and tell him. He might be able to get you the same one or a more powerful cold water system for 3 grand.

This is what ive been offered  

[SIZE=9pt]Self-Contained– 16HP Petrol Engine [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]18 litre boiler = 80 degree Celsius[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Fitted with a Hawk NLT2525 pump – 250 bar / 25 litres per min [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]16 HP Briggs & Stratton petrol engine[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]2.6kva generator driven engine. Electric start[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Heavy duty galvanised steel cabinet[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]20 metres high pressure hose[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Trigger gun and lance[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Diesel fired boiler complete with 20 litre fuel tank[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Chemical injector and 20 litre chemical tank[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Manual Reel & Brackets[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]500 Litre Water Tank[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Fixings & Fitting[/SIZE]

I know very little about pressure washing but a hot water system that can heat 25lpm of water to that temperature seems very cheap compared to a 9kw Webasto, does it to you @spruceor am I misreading it

I'm not clued up on steam pressure washers either. But heating 25lpm to 80 degrees does seem a little high. Of course we don't know what the base temperature is to achieve that figure. Hawk say the max water temp the pump will tolerate is "up to" 65 degrees, so something doesn't marry up here.

https://www.hawkpumps.com/en/products/36/high-pressure-piston-pumps/series/nlti

I'm inclined to go with @scottish cleaning service on this one. Rutland Pumps has a good name on the other cleaning forum and other hard surface cleaners recommend dealing with this company alot.

I'm not clued up on steam pressure washers either. But heating 25lpm to 80 degrees does seem a little high. Of course we don't know what the base temperature is to achieve that figure. Hawk say the max water temp the pump will tolerate is "up to" 65 degrees, so something doesn't marry up here.

https://www.hawkpumps.com/en/products/36/high-pressure-piston-pumps/series/nlti

I'm inclined to go with @scottish cleaning service on this one. Rutland Pumps has a good name on the other cleaning forum and other hard surface cleaners recommend dealing with this company alot.
Is it not feasible for us to just heat our tanks when required though. It would only take 30 minutes or so in the morning to have a tank of hot water, at a fraction of the cost of a Webasto system.

The company who have offered me this system are a well established firm  within the jetting and jet wash industry.

I will know more in the next couple of days as I'm popping over to see them and look over their equipment, 

But thanks for the heads up @sprucewith regards the pump temperatures .

I would definitely like to try it out on chewing gum and graffiti to see if it works. The only problem with mine is I need to fill a bin full of water because I only get 20 to 30mins of working time unless I have a hose connected.

Mine has an interpump and the same Briggs & Stratton engine.

Back